What is your favorite holster for the SP101 2-1/4"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob R

Single-Sixer
This would be my favorite.

9suicx.jpg

A Rocky Hill Leather Pancake with Hammer Shield.
Infront of the holster is a Big Creek Kydex Speed Loader Carrier with a J Frame/SP101 Jet Loader. Ammunition in Jet Loader 135 Speer GD Short Barrel.

Bob

ICORE MO2908

Unk

Bearcat

Simply Rugged pancake for my 3 1/16" SP101 .327. Conceals well high and tight under oversize colored tee shirt.

Best.

6gun

Hunter
I bought a few different ones and I ended using the cheap Forbus paddle holster the most and left the expensive leather pancake holsters rot in the closet, got tired of having to feed a belt through holster loops every time I change my drawers.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I scored a Backwoods Leather holster on ebay that I like. If you google Backwoods leather and Virginia you should be able to find his site.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I'd tried a few, Bianchi, a couple others and none were comfortable or really very useful. Took a chance with an, at the time, new design from a relatively unknown. Was perfect in all regards for me and the cause for ordering a bunch more from the same shop. Mitch Rosen was the maker. The model…the "Workman".

Modernhoglegs

Bearcat
Greebe said:
Inside the waistband that I made.

HolsterDyed2.jpg

That's some nice work Greebee!

My preference is the Galco Speedmaster pancake which I think has been discontinued.
I also made a couple of pocket holsters that fit inside the "pockets" inside my Wrangler denim jackets.
These pockets are the space between the external hand pockets and the outer shell of the jacket.
I carry my wallet on one side and the pistol on the other.
The buttons are open to half-mast, and my beer gut just make everything look normal.

eveled

Hawkeye
http://shootingsystems.com/concealment_holsters/inside_the_waistband_belt_clip_holster_iwb/

I found one of these in the free bin at my LGS, and it is a great holster. I have since ordered others for different guns.