What is up with the Redhawk 5.5 inch?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stevek44

Bearcat
What is up with Ruger and there 5.5 inch Redhawk. I've had one on order for over four months with no luck. Did they discontinue them and not inform us loyal Ruger fans?

Just had to vent a little frustration with Ruger's production system.

SteveK44... :?

BearStopper

Blackhawk
Last I saw, Fox Firearms in Grants Pass, Oregon had one in each barrel length with the longer barreled versions having a wood laminate grip instead of the rosewood. Those were the first they were able to get for quite some time. I know where there is a blued one left over new at a Northern California shop, but the price about gave me a heart attack as if I remember correctly it was over $700.00 Dollars. All I know is I love my 5.5" and to me it is the ultimate utility sidearm.

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
My pusher has checked every wholesale source he knows of.... NO 5.5's anywhere to be had!

Come on Ruger... I want a blued one! And what the heck... while asking... make it 45!

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
Sure they are around used on an auction now and then..... but none available WHOLESALE, anywhere. Wholesale vs Gun Broker Prices are a whole differant animal.

:shock:

two bit okie

Single-Sixer
If you only infrequently carry one for hunting/hunting backup, I would not change. If on the other hand you want to have bigger hole in the barrel, go for it. Why do you need to have any one agree with you. I have made changes to my vaqueros and not everyone agrees that they are good, but so what, they are my guns and I like them.

I have not been able to really talk myself into a 45 yet. I have 44's.

If I were to go hunting (I have bad knees so that is not a factor any longer) with a rifle primary, I would be quite happy with my 4 5/8 vaq. If handgun primary, the 7 1/2 stuffed with 318 gr home cast would do anything that I wanted it to.

Go fer it, pard

oops sorry, in the wring post

stevek44

Bearcat
Thanks for the input guys. Fortunately my local Gun Guru found one brand spanking new, and it's a beauty, nice wood and all. Patience finally paid off.

SteveK44.. :D :D

c.r.

Single-Sixer
steve,

i reckon your dealer has already checked here, but...............here's a blued 5.5" 44 mag

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx? ... el=Redhawk

it is lipsey's and just because they show it, doesn't mean they have it. Anyway, hope it helps. I've been interested in this gun for a while, it's just not been high enough on my "must have" list to look into.

~c.r.