What is this "way cooool" new Ruger?!?!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
DonD":35toi548 said:
I'm all in favor of new guns but it is getting increasingly difficult for the firearms industry to do something that is both innovative and at the same time useful. We have huge numbers of neat and enjoyable firearms already on the market. Don

Well I think it would be safe to say that this thing will be such a failure that it will make the 480 look like the sales success that 40 S&W was.

CraigC

Hawkeye
azrugershooter":38uybrsh said:
Well I think it would be safe to say that this thing will be such a failure that it will make the 480 look like the sales success that 40 S&W was.
This thing??? We don't even know what "this thing" is and you're projecting it will fail. The cynicism of shooters has reached an all time high....I mean low. :roll:

Redhawk4

Single-Sixer
Whatever it is I'm sure Ruger have put some thought into what market exists, they got their market research right with the LCP and LCR, even if neither would top of my personal shopping list.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Nope, that's a Lipsey's only thing. Whatever this new one is, is I'm guessing to be a cataloged model.

Do have a tiny hint of and idea but I'm reserve my guess for later.

bamarammin87

Bearcat
I will put a hundred bucks on a 1911. Maybe not next, but soon. Thats already known, massad ayoob has a buddy at ruger, and he announced rugers gunna make a 1911 soon. If it sells around 600 or less, imma pick one up!

BlkHawk73

Hunter
bamarammin87":cv7ux7gk said:
I will put a hundred bucks on a 1911. Maybe not next, but soon. Thats already known, massad ayoob has a buddy at ruger, and he announced rugers gunna make a 1911 soon. If it sells around 600 or less, imma pick one up!

Spoke with Ruger reps about this 1911 and they said it was an ongoing project they were looking at. Obviously by building the frames for others already it's an easy addition. The hold up at the moment is determining what parts to make in-house and what parts out source out for. I was told by a rep that was going to SHOT, the Ruger branded 1911 would not be there.

bamarammin87

Bearcat
Excellent. I hope its all steel and priced competitively with the taurus one. Who would waste 600 on a piece of junk taurus when they could get a all steel american made 1911 with ruger stamped on it! I'll get one.

Latest posts