What is the most comfortable IWB holster you have found?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Daryl Licht

Bearcat
I have 3 carry guns in my rotation. After trying several, two holsters have stood out for all of them. The Alien Gear Cloak Tuck mentioned above worked very well, but all of them have ended up in Tulster Profile holsters. I've had decent luck with a few others but since I settled into the Tulsters I haven't used anything else.

Midas11

Sergent
What position are you going to carry?
I have waist holsters from 4 different companies depending on the gun, where I'm carrying, and what I'm wearing.

Galco (oldest & leather) least favorite for drawing.
Dara 3 o'clock carry IWB
Tier 1 concealed appendix
T-rex Arms also appendix.

The last 3 companies only make kydex holsters which are super rugged and consistent.

Hope that helps.

Not a fan of the crossbreed because the models I liked at were pretty bulky for what I got when compared to the others.

I like a shoulder holster in cooler weather. A Miami Classic style with a compact over a t shirt under a button up shirt works great. Don't get one with the buckles everywhere. They print under anything but a parka. Clean straps crossed neatly with buckles at the holster and mag. It's not a universal fit but once set up is comfortable and discreet without needing to dress excessively around the gun.

I can't imagine kydex anything being comfortable inside the waistband, let alone kydex being the most comfortable choice
A hybrid seems to be the best. Leather against the skin with Kydex etc for retention and rigidity. I also like the leather to come to the top of the slide because metal on skin isn't much better than plastic.

Last edited:
What position are you going to carry?
I have waist holsters from 4 different companies depending on the gun, where I'm carrying, and what I'm wearing.

Galco (oldest & leather) least favorite for drawing.
Dara 3 o'clock carry IWB
Tier 1 concealed appendix
T-rex Arms also appendix.

The last 3 companies only make kydex holsters which are super rugged and consistent.

Hope that helps.

Not a fan of the crossbreed because the models I liked at were pretty bulky for what I got when compared to the others.
I like 3:30-4 with the grip laying along my belt. My gravitational enhancement rests comfortably on the grip and is completely discreet with a t shirt.

Wasp

🇺🇸
I find an IWB Kydex with a clip that's adjustable for *cant* is the thinnest and most comfortable.
I like Cooks Holstrrs, but I can't get ahold of them anymore, so I tried tulster and they are solid but a little snug on the gun finish imo.

I have used this kind for a decade or more. On/off quickly, completely secure, and this as sticking your hun jn your pants, but with solid retention and angle.

whittsailor

Single-Sixer
A Milt Sparks Nexus.
It's not cheap but it makes carrying even a 1911 a breeze. I've got several Vedders and they have their place, but the leather Sparks is on another level.

dweis

Blackhawk
F0E8F46C-C402-4222-B45E-32820236AB5A.jpeg
2931DCA5-392E-4023-BE26-D834C00B5704.jpeg
My IWB EDC holster is a DeSantis Sof-Tuk. The photos show ir with my Security 9 Compact. It is made from premium leather with a soft suede finish which makes it comfortable even against skin. It has a reinforced top opening that makes re-holstering easy. It is accommodates a tucked shirt very well. The feature I like most is the clip. It goes over the waistband of the pants but not over the belt. The belt covers the clip and rides over the catch at the bottom of the clip. That makes it very hard to detect. You can see the hook about midway on the clip. The cant is adjustable too. It is also relatively inexpensive coming in at less than $50. I have been using DeSantis leather and Kydex holsters for over a decade. Never had an issue. There well made.

I just got a Clinger for my Max9. Seems pretty good. Versatile, adjustable with mod options.

Attachments

• IMG_20221224_073232704.jpg
    IMG_20221224_073232704.jpg
    790.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20221224_073059199.jpg
    IMG_20221224_073059199.jpg
    774.7 KB · Views: 47

dhains1963

Single-Sixer
Body shape, firearm model, and carry position all play a part in the answer. I'm thick in the middle, carry a Max9 with red dot and prefer a 3 'o clock carry. I got an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5 and could easily forget I am carrying, whether sitting, standing, driving, or walking. Relatively inexpensive, extremely adjustable (cant and depth take only seconds to change), conceals insanely well, and the material is comfortable where it touches skin. There may be holsters on the market as good as this one for my body type and carry preferences, but I honestly don't know how one could be better.View attachment 7912
Amen. The 3.5 iwb is awesome. The great thing is thar you can trade in the shell, even if you go with another gun, and all you pay is shipping for the swap.

kwb377

Bearcat
I can't imagine kydex anything being comfortable inside the waistband, let alone kydex being the most comfortable choice
I tried carrying IWB @ 25 years ago...hated it. I decided to try again a couple of years ago, choosing a Tenicor Velo and a P365...much more comfortable than my previous experience (despite being @ 25 lbs. larger).
Leather, being much thicker than Kydex, makes for a bulkier IWB holster.

My current EDC is a Max9 in a JMCK AIWB with a Mastermind Tactics pillow. After @ 5 minutes of putting it on, I forget that I'm wearing it. I also have the same holster for my 365XL and it's equally comfortable and concealable.

max9b.jpg
max9a.jpg

If I'm wearing a slightly looser/larger shirt, I can almost as comfortably wear a P10C in a Henry Holsters Flint aiwb.

p10ca.jpg
p10cb.jpg