What is the most comfortable IWB holster you have found?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hurst01

Bearcat
I have done a bit of research on IWB holsters but want to know what you guys think is the most comfortable IWB holster?
I really like my Blackhawk OWB but when I carry it I find that people tend to stare at my gun and it makes my wife really uncomfortable when they do. I ran across one on ebay a couple days ago that is called the PAINKILLER. it is a moulded Kydex holster with adjustable can't, ride height, and has a single belt clip. Considering it for my Ruger LC9s Wondering if anyone has tried it?

Thanks, Ed

fiasconva

Blackhawk
Lobogunleather IWB made from horsehide. I carry a full size M&P9 and most of the time don't even realize I'm carrying. These are quality holsters at a reasonable price and short delivery times.

Fatdaddy

Single-Sixer
I have a drawer full of uncomfortable holster and the best I've found is the Comp-Tac Minotaur worn just behind the hip 4:30 position.
Great, I mean GREAT, comfortable IWB holster!
Their Spartan holster is a little thinner and is just as, or maybe even more comfortable..

Ohio! Way too freakin' close to the city!
Remora IWB with sweat guard, re-enforced opening and, for sure, a retention clip! The first one stay'd put and the holster would be sticky for 6 to 8 years but then started moving around too much with use/age! The retention clip cured all that! Remora makes great holsters IMO and is all I use so far!

MIKA is known for pocket holsters, I had him make me an IWB holster for my walther pps and it is by far the most comfortable IWB holster I've worn.

HW11

Single-Sixer
Alien core carry. It's kind of $$$
For real simple I like the Muddy River. I use it with the claw on it but I carry a larger pistol. You may not need it with what you carry. That being said. I've never found one that is perfect if you carry it 12-16 hours a day, everyday. Like lots of people I have a box full that I have tried. I guess that's why the saying is it's supposed to be comforting not comfortable.

noahmercy

Blackhawk
Body shape, firearm model, and carry position all play a part in the answer. I'm thick in the middle, carry a Max9 with red dot and prefer a 3 'o clock carry. I got an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5 and could easily forget I am carrying, whether sitting, standing, driving, or walking. Relatively inexpensive, extremely adjustable (cant and depth take only seconds to change), conceals insanely well, and the material is comfortable where it touches skin. There may be holsters on the market as good as this one for my body type and carry preferences, but I honestly don't know how one could be better.
cloak-tuck-35-iwb-holster-review-1297785853.jpeg

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
I have an IWB for a SR9 from DiamondD that is quite comfortable. Keep in mind that any IWB rig is still going to show the grip and rear of the slide if you wear tucked in shirts, unless you're wearing a jacket.

IWB_Nat._Oil.jpg

Last edited:

44horse

Bearcat
Look at the offerings from Richie Leather. Designs by Lou Alessi. Leather with nylon clip. Had some of mine for over 20 years. Still working great.

MinorLV

Ruger Six Series and DA Collector
I have several Simply Rugged and they are great. The Remora is a solid option as well and what I tend to use most with my LC9S.