What is different from this dist. special editon vaquero?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
I have to check the model # but I think I have one.It's all polished blue instead of a semi dull of the standard ones,may be different from mine as grips say ingraved.I was wanting a match for mine but they only put a few out.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye

chet15

Hawkeye
Jager01":2hm9ajb3 said:
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/products/vaqueroDE/specSheets/5118.html

To my un-experienced eyes, I am a newbie to Rugers after all, What is the difference between this Vaquero and the standard blue with same barrel length. I see the grips, but is that it?

Yes, the only difference in the model referred to is the grips. Davidson's actually received the all-blue New Vaquero first as their own exclusive in 4-5/8" and 5-1/2", and they were ordered with simulated ivory.
Early this year Ruger decided they didn't need the case color finish any longer so started building them for regular production...'cept they aren't offered with ivory yet.
Another thing, Ruger's website says the Davidson's special is Baron engraved....not true.
Chet15

mrbumps

Blackhawk
I have one of these in the 5 1/2" barrel. I got it about two years ago. At the time, the "all blue" was unique. The blue is also more polished and much nicer than any bluing I have seen on standard production Rugers.