What is dealer's cost for Lipsey Exclusive 44 Special BH

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1ruger

Single-Sixer
Anybody know what the dealer cost is for the Lipsey Exclusive 44 Special BH? I don't need exact amount but just an approximate cost will do.

Thanks.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
It would depend on the dealer. High volume dealers get better wholesale discounts than the little guys. That's why BudsGunShop can sell and ship you a gun for sometimes less than your dealer can get it for you.

-- Sam

Sugar River

Buckeye
Yosemite Sam":31zjiplq said:
It would depend on the dealer. High volume dealers get better wholesale discounts than the little guys. That's why BudsGunShop can sell and ship you a gun for sometimes less than your dealer can get it for you.

-- Sam

That's true on regular catalog items. But with distributor exclusives all dealers pay the same. Where else they gonna go?
That's one reason that Bud's hardly ever has these exclusives.

Pete

1ruger

Single-Sixer
Sorry if I broke a forum rule or something.
The reason I asked is that I did some work for a local FFL as a favor and he want to pay me back by ordering for me any gun I wanted at his cost.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
1ruger":smklj5e9 said:
Sorry if I broke a forum rule or something.
The reason I asked is that I did some work for a local FFL as a favor and he want to pay me back by ordering for me any gun I wanted at his cost.

You should feel terrible about yourself for breaking an unwritten rule. :roll:

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
That's good to know. I might need that figure one of these days... a little wiggle room.
Sonnytoo

lfpiii

Blackhawk
While it is true that most dealers pay the same for limited or special productions there are still some exceptions. Depending on the dealer / wholesaler relationship they might get a credit ($20 - $30) per gun, free shipping, etc. If you order a gun to be transferred to your FFL from CDNN, Wilson Combat, U.S. Fire Arms or Clark Guns they will rebate a percentage of your purchase to the dealer. An honest dealer will not charge you a transfer fee but a dishonest dealer will pocket the money and your transfer fee.

hutchman

Blackhawk
lfpiii":1epnt7rr said:
...... An honest dealer will not charge you a transfer fee but a dishonest dealer will pocket the money and your transfer fee.

This is pure BS. I buy a gun from CDNN because of price......they usually have a screaming good deal. If my local dealer, who is a stocking dealer, gets a rebate from them.......good for him. He has to eat too.

The bottom line is that when I buy a gun from anyone, it is because I think it has value to me and the price I buy it at represents that value. I could give a rip is someone makes some money on my purchase.

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
Last 2 guns I bought new from my local dealer - SS NMBH .45 and 2245 blued Hunter - I didn't know the price until I went in to pick them up. When I first ordered, I gave him some printouts of different Internet ads showing pricing. Greg has always dealt fairly with me and I trust him to give me the best deal he can, while making a reasonable profit for himself. I used to know a car dealer like that too - shame there aren't more people like that in this world....

Support your local (gun) dealer!
:D

Latest posts