What I have been doing all winter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

callshot

Blackhawk
Last fall before Dick left for Arizona I smelted down some lead using his big pot. It was posted here before. Next I picked up some handles for my moulds.
img_0304.jpg

Later on I modified my lubra-matic to make it easier to use. I lubed 1000 bullets for Dick and my hands were sore. I think that this will be easier on them.
img_0376.jpg

img_0377.jpg

We had the Callshot Fan Club Christmas raffle. It was also posted here in December. I had to shovel snow in my spare time all winter. I did sneak having a huckleberry shake on a rare occasion.
img_0477.jpg

On Valentines time there was a lot of nice cards and chocolates sent to Mrs. Betty. She was sent a Vermont Teddy Bear that she named callshot Jr. and a stuffed badger that she named Buddy the badger.
img_0399-1.jpg

One of the things that I tried to do as a surprise for Dick and Ruth Ann will be shown below.
img_0486.jpg

I hope it don't make me look like a hillbilly because that is just what Dick is going to say when he sees it.

Next I tried to sand blast a rock or two with some HUMBLE DECORATIONS. The rocks were too hard and the sand blaster would not cut them so they look like they are just painted on.
img_0480.jpg

I felt like paying tribute to Dick for teaching me how to shoot and cast bullets so I made a rock for him. It is leaning against his fireplace in his house when he gets home on Friday evening.
img_0481.jpg

Because Dick don't have many friends I put the rocks together to show him that I am not ashamed to be seen with him, even if he dresses funny looking.
img_0482.jpg

The last month or so I filed and sanded out some grips for my 45 Colt.
img_0470.jpg

img_0469.jpg

Even if I can't get out and shoot much, at least my guns will look nice for the estate sale when I go to the great range in the sky.

The last thing that I did which will surprise Dick. (It surprised me also) was to buy another old used pick-up truck. I certainly hope that Dick don't spit any sunflower seeds in it while we are shooting squirrels.
img_0468.jpg

All of this was done in my spare time when I wasn't hugging the furnace to keep warm and taking care of Mrs. Betty. It has been a long winter, but it is just about over and I will be getting my bee hive put out soon and hope to have lots of wild flowers. I realize that I am older than I have ever been and that I am younger than I will ever be, so I just enjoy each day. Steve.

G2

Hunter
Steve.... Sixshot ALERT !! He spent last night in St. George, Utah.

He is probably pulling into Soda as I type this.... :shock: :shock:

Looks like a long cold winter,

Nice new to you Truck.

callshot

Blackhawk
Just got a phone call from the old man himself at about 7:30 pm and he is here in Soda Springs. He will still be surprised some. Today was the first good day we have had. Steve

Hugh

Buckeye
Well, I hope Sixshot waved as he drove by West Jordan on I-15. I was watching for him. Good to see you've been busy Callshot. I've just been hanging out and reading.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Enjoyed your post and pictures! Dick is going to like his pistol rock but will likely ask you why yours has two pistols and his only has one! :D
Hope you have just as busy a spring!!
Terry

PS,,,, I AM a Hillbilly and you sure look sharp with that possum colored facial hair!!! If you came from Logan County WV. you would be elected to congress in a heart beat!! :)

2 dogs

Buckeye
Steve, It is recommended that you avoid letting Sixshot practice backing up your new truck!

TULLYMARS

Single-Sixer
Glad to here you guys are doin' good, and that you've kept yourself out of trouble in Dick's absence. Nice work on those grips, they look good. The facial fur, ahhhh it looks warm. Tell Mrs Betty hello.

contender

Ruger Guru
It's good to hear the updates,, on the things we haven't already heard about. And,, don't dispair,, being called a "hillbilly" is a compliment.
The rocks are VERY cool. I'd love to have something like that done to add to my house around here. I may have to contact you on how you did that.
And while we know that this winter has had it's rough spots,, we are ALL glad to see Miss Betty doing well,,, and enjoying her stuff.
The new (old) truck looks fine. Tell Dick to spit the seed hulls OUTSIDE the window! :D

sixshot

Buckeye
When I spotted that big crop of whiskers I had to look behind them to see a face........yup, same old ugly mug with a big grin in the background. We did luch together today, he had his normal water & lemon! He was quite happy that he had slipped the rock into my basement & I didn't even spot it until today, its really nice! Thanks buddy!
Also I was quite surprise when he offered to drive to lunch, usually when its his turn he likes to walk, then we went outside & there she was, an almost new, gold colored GMC, he was strutting around my carport like a peacock in the rut, whiskers all fanned out, pocket watch dangling on its chain, red hankie half way out of his pocket, one strap undone on his bibs so he could look cool....I was impressed, thought for a minute he had went bonkers on me but he was just proud of his new rig. I'm gonna spit so many seeds on the floor its going to look like a gravel pit.
Good to be back....just before we turned off I-15 I spotted 2 rockchucks feeding along the highway, oh baby, its my time of year, Yippee!!

Dick

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Yeah Dick, callshot needs someone to fill his freezer full of Badgers, rock chucks, elk and deer. That new truck of his will come in real handy for hauling those critters :lol: !

Steve said he grew the beard to surprise you. I know better. I think he is on the lam, hiding from the law :lol: . No tellin' what he got into while you were away. Maybe that's where he got those rocks. While the other guys were breaking them up in leg irons and shackles, Steve was doing some sandblasting before he made his escape.

Also the reason for that new truck. All the female officers knew his old one on sight, and would pull him over for his autograph.

Steves whittling skills are very impressive. Those stocks are gorgeous and well fit. Guess carving all those wooden eyes for himself helped immensely.

The last time you wintered down south, Steve started to wonder a bit, and posted this.

DSC04496.jpg

We all had a good laugh ! He was very productive this Winter and should be commended for a job well done. No hibernating for this wild and crazy guy ! :lol: :roll: :p :mrgreen: :shock: :?:

We love you Steve ! Welcome back Dick ! We can all sit back and wait for the adventures and mishaps of sixshot and callshot to begin, in the worlds biggest playground. Things feel like they are starting to get back to normal around here. I know I have a good feeling in my gut ! :lol:

callshot

Blackhawk
No badgers, rock chucks, or skunks in the freezer this year. :? Got to keep room for huckleberries. :D :D When I went over to dick's house last night I thought he would just call me a hillbilly, but he said, and I quote "JUST WHEN I THOUGHT THAT YOU COULDN'T GET ANY UGLIER, YOU GO AND PROVE ME WRONG". That was all the compliment that I needed. :lol: :p I don't dare let him handle the gun and grips, because I am afraid that he will drop it just to mar up the stocks so he can make fun of them. :wink: I hope that I never drop it and mar it up. Every time I would talk to Dick all winter he would ask what the heck I was doing. I would tell him that I wasn't doing anything. Just nothing. Just nothing all winter. I was trying to set him up for an April fools surprise, but he came home a day early trying to catch me putting pine cones in his bed and easy chair. It is good to have him back to try to get my goat, but he never will be able to. He is good, but not that good. LET THE FUN BEGIN. :roll: :roll: Steve

Latest posts