What exact model of 10-22 is this?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

crabs

Bearcat
I just picked this one up but don't have it in front of me yet........ what model exactly is it? That is IF anyone can tell for sure. It was just listed as being 4" inches longer than a normal 10-22,, I'm thinking it's some variation of the 10-22 Sporter, is it a "deluxe"?. some Walmart special I've read a little about? ........man I can't wait till I receive this one,,,,,,,,, thanks guys!
pix323238462.jpg

pix640170860.jpg

pix638677046.jpg

pix779688176.jpg

A

Anonymous

It's the K10/22-22. I have one just like it. It was a Walmart exclusive. That's a nice one just like mine with the polished stainless barrel, anodized receiver and aluminum trigger group and guard. Some were painted silver including the barrel, and didn't look near as good, some have a black trigger guard which again doesn't look as good to me, and some even had a black receiver and trigger group. Mine was made in 2005.

Here's mine.

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

crabs

Bearcat
89grand said:
It's the K10/22-22. I have one just like it. It was a Walmart exclusive. That's a nice one just like mine with the polished stainless barrel, anodized receiver and aluminum trigger group and guard. Some were painted silver including the barrel, and didn't look near as good, some have a black trigger guard which again doesn't look as good to me, and some even had a black receiver and trigger group. Mine was made in 2005.

Here's mine.

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg
Very nice! I think the one I have coming has a wider trigger guard, it may not be but to me it looks like it, I'm hoping that mine turns out to be like yours because I think the wider one is going to be made of polymer, this all from info on several variations of this basic model.

crabs

Bearcat
I just did some more research and found the following (see links below) I guess mine is the same model as yours (K10/22-22 ) BUT I think mine is going to turn out to be a later version. From your pictures your 10-22 appears to have an aluminum receiver and trigger guard,,,,,,,,, while the pictures of the one I've got on the way to me appears to have the silver painted receiver and polymer trigger guard,,, I would rather have yours, I should have paid a little more attention than I did ,,,,,,,, oh well, I'm hoping mine will be a good gun as well. :^(

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022DE/specSheets/1149.html

http://www.lipseysguns.com/post/Ruger-1022-Stainless-22-Barrel-22-LR.aspx

A

Anonymous

I think yours is the same as mine. It looks like it in the pics to me. It doesn't look like a painted receiver, and trigger guard looks like mine, at least from the pics.

Do you know the first digits of the serial number? If so, you can tell the year it is from that. Mine is 257.

Here's a link to find out:

http://www.ruger.com/service/productHistory/RI-10-22.html

crabs

Bearcat
89grand said:
I think yours is the same as mine. It looks like it in the pics to me. It doesn't look like a painted receiver, and trigger guard looks like mine, at least from the pics.

Do you know the first digits of the serial number? If so, you can tell the year it is from that. Mine is 257.

Here's a link to find out:

http://www.ruger.com/service/productHistory/RI-10-22.html

No, no SN . It wasn't posted in the add so I won't know until mid to late next week...... thanks for the link , I'll check it out when I get the rifle.

I was going on the one picture of my gun that shows it at an angle, the trigger guard looks wider than yours, to me anyways.

hittman

Staff member
The only 10/22s I have are stainless. That's a nice looking stock and I'm guessing it's the longer (22 inch?) barrel?

I've looked for one of those and just never seen one locally.

A

Anonymous

hittman said:
The only 10/22s I have are stainless. That's a nice looking stock and I'm guessing it's the longer (22 inch?) barrel?

I've looked for one of those and just never seen one locally.

Yeah, they have a nice checkered Walnut stock without the front barrel band, and the barrel is 22". My receiver says "10/22 Rifle" on it, not the usual "10/22 Carbine".

I'm pretty sure the OP's is like mine, because the newer models with the polymer trigger group also have an extended magazine release, and his doesn't, nor does mine.

These aren't that easy to find any more, but I think they're worth the effort. It was only like $209 or something back when I got it at Walmart nearly 7 years ago or so.

Loco Weed

Bearcat
It looks like a Walmart Special, only sold through Walmart. I heard that they've been discontinued.

crabs

Bearcat
89grand said:
I'm pretty sure the OP's is like mine, because the newer models with the polymer trigger group also have an extended magazine release, and his doesn't, nor does mine.

I noticed that about the "extended magazine release" not being on my rifle BUT the thickness of the trigger guard, especially it's width makes be think it's one of the newer polymer ones that the extended part of the release has been broken off, though nothing was mentioned in the description of the gun about it. I really, REALLY hope it's one like yours though,,,,,,,,, NOT so much because of the trigger guard really (that wouldn't bug me too much), BUT because of the receiver being painted with silver on those models with the polymer T guards (or so I've read). Got my fingers crossed though, we'll see sometime next week!

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
I believe the stock to be checkered Birch.....at least on the one I just purchased used. We swapped it out for the checkered black synthetic stock and that was just what the 10/22 needed. also has the aluminum trigger guard and aluminum Simmons scope and yes the bbl is 4 in longer than my standard carbines. I've heard it was a WalMart Special and also a Cabela's Special. Don't really care. It will serve it's purpose and look nice doing it. Someone already wants to buy it, but it ain't goin' no where. 8)

CraigC

Hawkeye
Definitely the "Walmart special". Longer 22" barrel and deluxe sporter style stock in birch, not walnut. Nice rifles and the one pictured definitely looks to be all aluminum and clear anodized. I bought a take-off barrel from one but never did anything with it.

crabs

Bearcat
Ok, just got the rifle from my FFL,, it looks pretty good,, there are some spots of something on the barrel but one of them scratched off with my fingernail. Some of it looks almost like little spots of rust but I can't tell for sure........... one small scratch on the stock just above the trigger. I'm pretty pleased for the most part.............. very nice looking rifle in my eyes.
Thanks to "89grand" for posting the chart. According to the chart, my K10/22 22 was built in 2004.

I think it may very well be an aluminum trigger guard instead of the poly one.........the receiver appears to be stainless OR aluminum, I'm 99% sure it is NOT painted silver.

One thing that does have to go is the black mounting rings for the scope, I want to pickup some inexpensive silver or aluminum as soon as I can.

rj112275

Bearcat
Same 10/22 here. I don't recall how long I've owned it, but did buy it at Walmart. I still think I got a deal. Love this stainless squirrel harvester.

A

Anonymous

crabs said:
Ok, just got the rifle from my FFL,, it looks pretty good,, there are some spots of something on the barrel but one of them scratched off with my fingernail. Some of it looks almost like little spots of rust but I can't tell for sure........... one small scratch on the stock just above the trigger. I'm pretty pleased for the most part.............. very nice looking rifle in my eyes.
Thanks to "89grand" for posting the chart. According to the chart, my K10/22 22 was built in 2004.

I think it may very well be an aluminum trigger guard instead of the poly one.........the receiver appears to be stainless OR aluminum, I'm 99% sure it is NOT painted silver.

One thing that does have to go is the black mounting rings for the scope, I want to pickup some inexpensive silver or aluminum as soon as I can.

I'm glad you like it.

I thought it was just like mine, and the date of 04 pretty much confirms it. The trigger guard would be pretty obvious if it was a poly one, they look clearly different. The receivers are not stainless steel. I believe they are anodized aluminum, and they look a lot better than the painted ones.

I went with a matte black scope and rings, but I agree that the rings should match the scope, and it would look better if it did. I think those rings on yours are too high anyway, so it's a good opportunity to replace them with a lower profile.

crabs

Bearcat
Do you know if the barrels on the K10/22-22s are coated with a clear coat paint 89grand? The barrel on mine has a few spots that almost look like rust but I "scratched" off most of one of them with my fingernails so it most not be rust, I'm wondering what exactly would be best to get this stuff off with, any ideas?

As far as rings, I think I'd like something like these BUT I would still have to paint the top part gray. :^(

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/63893-34.html

A

Anonymous

Do you have the scope base like mine, where it is a tip off mount and weaver style in one, with the tip off section on the top? If so, I'd get weaver style rings.

I think the rings you linked to might still sit too high. You want the scope as low on the receiver as possible, just high enough to clear the barrel and receiver. The lower the better.

If you have the same Ruger base that I have, you can't use the iron sights anyway, so there isn't much point in a see through design.

Amazon has a lot of rings, and good prices too. They make so many rings though, that it can take a lot of time to find what you want.

The barrel should be a brushed stainless. A green Scotchbrite type pad can be used on it.