• Ruger FAL in .308

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All new semi auto .308/.300AAC/.300 W

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Woodsloafer

Bearcat
JasonH said:
Im beginning to wonder if they are even going to release it at SHOT. Why even let folks know about it if you arent going to introduce it? I know, I know.....all the internet hype is a good thing, but you can also piss people off if it goes on for too long.

I agree, it's getting a little ridiculous at this point (and anticlimatic).

mattsbox99

Hunter
I guess I have to say I would like more than one of the above.

I would like to see some kind of Mini in .308. I don't know the particulars of the XGI, although I think it was basically an upscaled Mini.

I'd love to see a M14/M1A, but one or the other and I suppose I would lean towards a M1A over the Mini/XGI.

I'd like to see the Mini 14 in 300AAC.

I don't want and would not buy an AR10.

mrwickwire

Bearcat
I voted for a mini-14 in 300 aac. However, I would be happy with a new semi-auto in 300 aac.

I cannot handle this waiting.

ShannonNVA

Bearcat
Everyone is assuming that the SR-30 would be a long gun, but wouldn't it make more sense for it to be a pistol, like the SR9, SR40, et al? Maybe it is going to be a 30 caliber pistol? Yes, 300 Winchester Magnum in a pistol would require large hands (and other appendages if you decided to actually shoot it!) but think of the knock down power!

ShannonNVA said:
Everyone is assuming that the SR-30 would be a long gun, but wouldn't it make more sense for it to be a pistol, like the SR9, SR40, et al? Maybe it is going to be a 30 caliber pistol? Yes, 300 Winchester Magnum in a pistol would require large hands (and other appendages if you decided to actually shoot it!) but think of the knock down power!

SR22 was a rifle before it was a pistol :lol: and the SR556 is a rifle...seems like a reasonable guess to me but we will have to wait and wait and evidently, wait some more, to find out what it actually is.

ShannonNVA

Bearcat
Yes, but a 300 Win Mag pistol would be way cool! Think about it. You could make fun of all the 1911 guys and their weak 45 ACP rounds!

sebtool

Blackhawk
I'd like to see the Mini 30 chambered in either .300 AAC or .30 AR. I know Ruger doesn't like using another company's proprietary cartridge, but look at the WSM and RUM. In this case, the rifles wouldn't competing against each other, providing Ruger didn't chamber the SR556 in the .30AR. Probably better odds on the .300AAC in the Mini platform. :roll:

I just hope the 'big news', whenever it's suppposed to be released, IF it's a 'black rifle, is a synthetic/stainless Mini...... :?

mattsbox99

Hunter
I'd be making fun of myself then Shannon.

The .300 AAC will probably have better following than the 6.8 SPC. The NFA crowd is all over the AAC and I think that will give it more chance to survive than the 6.8.

JasonH

Bearcat
Does Ruger have a history of waiting til the last day of the show to release "surprise" items? This entire thing has been very frustrating, and I think kinda unfair if they arent going to release the thing at SHOT. If that was the plan then they should never have let Mr. Quinn hold up the sign in his video.

mattsbox99

Hunter
I'm not sure how long SHOT has been around, I don't think Ruger really played the game until about 4 years ago. Ruger really has no history of waiting for SHOT.

sebtool

Blackhawk
Actually, this whole 'wait for our big annoncement' thing is a bunch of horse hockey, to quote Col. Potter. They act like we're a bunch of old women reading the headlines on the National Enquirer in line at the grocery store - I expected better.

Mebbe they can't decide if it's the SHOT Show or a reality show. Pretty sad, pretty unprofessional.

mattsbox99

Hunter
I think they should have given us a date, nothing was even mentioned that it was going to be unveiled at SHOT. I thought they learned their lesson with the LC9 being "The Next Gun you MUST have" fiasco.

TRanger

Blackhawk
As far as I can tell, nothing at SHOT was of much interest. Most of the "introductions" were not even new.

sargents1

Single-Sixer
I voted for a Mini in .308, but I want to ad a caveat.

I want it to be setup with Good iron sights (like the New mini's are) that are able to be setup such that they co-witness with 1x magnification optics. I want built in scope mounts and Non-proprietary magazines. I am thinking M14 mags would be the way to go.

As for what I think the SR-30 actually is... I am pretty Sure it is NOT a Mini/M14 .308. I fully expect it to be an AR10 variant and if history is any guide it will be priced right around $2,000. In which case I will not be buying one.

Smokngun

Single-Sixer
The sr30 is obviously going to be the competition for the keltec pm30. It will hold 30 rounds of .22 magnum. I wish. But would gladly take a .308 with garand action.

Woodsloafer

Bearcat
Nh Rugerman said:
It appears that Mr. Quinn has some "splaining" to do...... :lol:

Based on the video, I assumed that it would be introduced at the Shot Show and I anxiously awaited finding out what it was - WHAT A LETDOWN!

guidedfishing

Single-Sixer
We know the mini in 308 is out, they already proved the action could not handle it. XGI. I went with the FAL, In a past life having worked around the FN's they are a solid rifle that Ruger could really spruce up. Even in .308 the FAL's are right at the limit of their operating capability.

good luck
GF