• Winchester

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remington

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
I have more hornady 17g plastic tips than anything else.- I average 5-shot 3/4" groups with those at the 100 meter targets. (Marlin 917V) I haven't shot as well with the 20g loads, but haven't shot many of those compared to the 17g

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
I have 2 17 and one shoots remington better then the ohter brands and one shoots Hornady better. I can't explain it I just go with it. Steve

texshad

Bearcat
My savage likes the CCI 20gr bullets better, I get groups half the size of the 17gr shells. It goes from 1.25-1.5 in groups at 100 with the 17gr plastic tips to consistent .50-.75 in groups with 20 gr, either hollow point of fmj. My buddies single six 17hmr likes either one equally.

contender

Ruger Guru
All I use in my Ruger M77-17 is the 17 grn Hornadys. I tried others,, & they didn't cut it.
I get 1/2" groups all the time from a bench at 100 yds. Wicked little round!

contender

Ruger Guru
All stayed around or under an inch. It's just that I could occasionally get 3/8" groups out of the Hornady ammo. If I stood on my head,, breathed heavily, shot left handed,, etc I could squeeze out more accuracy. :D Seriously,, when things were "just right" it seemed that at 100 yds I could get some really tight groups. I may have to get it out,, when it clears up, & see if I can get some good groups & take a few pics,,,!

CraigC

Hawkeye
The 20gr XTP has proved to be the most consistently accurate with the Remington 17gr V-Max right behind it. I use the XTP almost exclusively.

winchester37

Single-Sixer
really like the hornady product. had severe problems with the winchester supreme not wanting to chamber in two s&w 48s, could not get it all the way in. tried all six chambers and 15 of 20 from a new box would not chamber, stopping short, while the hornady 30 grainers just dropped in. those that did chamber I had to push in the last 1/8 of an inch(plus rim)

never had this problem before with winchester....QC getting sloppy with the demand/sales of ammo??? anybody else have a problem??

winchester37

Single-Sixer
oops..never try to anything before the third cup of coffee. previous post was referencing 22 wmr, not 17 hmr.

sorry about that. as to 17 hmr, are not most, if not all, made by CCI, no matter what the label.

dowby77

Bearcat
First, Yes (ALL) 17 HMR ammunition is made by CCI in Lewiston Idaho,& they are all held to the same accuracy standards. Second, No, Quality is not getting sloppier with the demand/sales of ammo,nothing has changed.Normally all of these 17 HMR rounds are darn near touching with the occasional flyer that opens up the group.