What Do You Think I Could Get For My SS Security Six,

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SIGBEAR

Bearcat
I have a SS Security Six that I bought new around 1983 that I "may" want to sell. The gun had a 2 3/4" barrel when I bought it, I sent it back to Ruger and had them put on a 6" barrel around 1985 (still have the 2 3/4").

The gun has less than 1000 rounds through it and looks as good as the day I bought it.

Just curious as to what it's worth?

Sigbear

BearStopper

Blackhawk
Roughly $350.00 to $400.00 or thereabouts maybe slightly more to the right buyer. Just my opinion of course, not even close to an expert.

dakota1911

Buckeye
I know with the shorter barrels these are bought by young folk getting into the security trade. I am not sure about a value. I rarely see them in gunstores, which may be a good thing for those selling them.

trickyasafox

Bearcat
I paid 250 for a 2-3/4 in blued 150 prefix security six and was happy to have it. Condition was pristine. I then paid 175 OTD for a 4in that was beat up pretty good- blued model. Neither had the box.

For a good condition 6in in stainless, I'd pay 375-400. Might be able to sell your spare barrel separately. I contacted ruger a few weeks ago about maybe getting mine rebarreled and they do not have any old ones left in stock.

Latest posts