What do I have to pay..... LCR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Purple Sage

Bearcat
Hello Ruger Gunnie friends,

I haven't posted in a while. I'm beginning to warm up to the Ruger LCR for concealed carry or backup concealed carry.

It's still relatively new... and I hate to be the one to find the faults in a "new" product.

What, if any, are the downsides of the LCR? And what does one expect to pay for this lightweight revolver?

Thanks........

MK111

Bearcat
Go to ebang.com and do a search for Ruger LCR. It will search all three auction sites and ebay for you.

revhigh

Hawkeye
fossils and guns":3t93zq1m said:
If I can find one for $500 I'll buy it, but I'm not paying the asking prices of $460 - 485 that I'm seeing here in NW Arkansas.

Am I misreading this post ?? You'd pay $500, but not $460 ???

REV

I saw one the other day for $400. If I wanted another revolver I'd get it. I don't see issues regarding recalls on this one. Even if they do recall them (which I've seen no indication of) I would rather have a manufacturer do it on their own than try to keep it a secret. Remington had that issue for years regarding the safety on many 700 model rifles. Only in the last few years finally did a recall and it was only a very short open period.

ranger7

Bearcat
My favorite dealer (not necessarily the cheapest) had an LCR for $480. I expressed an interest and he came down to $440 because I am a regular customer. A few weeks later he got another one in and I told him I was interested in one for my wife but I've seen them selling for less in other areas. He said he could come down another $20 to $420. After another few weeks I decided to look for one for my daughter. I found another shop that had just sold one for $400 but didn't have any in stock at present. I asked the first dealer if he could match that price and he said he really couldn't and he didn't understand how the other dealer could sell it at $400 and make a profit.

I ordered one at the second dealer and had to wait about a month but I got the third LCR for $400. They said after I ordered mine they received several other orders so there's a waiting list now. I think I'll quit at 3. Obviously I'm a big fan. (I'm in the process of selling off several other guns that don't get used or carried very often to pay for the LCRs.)

DocGlock

Bearcat
revhigh":mqql3der said:
fossils and guns":mqql3der said:
If I can find one for $500 I'll buy it, but I'm not paying the asking prices of $460 - 485 that I'm seeing here in NW Arkansas.

Am I misreading this post ?? You'd pay $500, but not $460 ???

REV

I was getting ready to question the same thing.

ranger7

Bearcat
Leucoandro":2uppe1f1 said:
Wow,

I remember getting my SP101 in 2000 for $380 after taxes, brand new from my local dealer.

Why the "Wow"?

Do you expect prices to stay the same for 8 years? The LCR prices are pretty competiative with current prices for S&W J frames (and the SP101). For a new state of the art gun in short supply I don't think the LCR's too bad

ProfessorWes

Hunter
LCRs are selling for around $450 in the Kansas City area, from what I've seen at several local gunshops in the past couple of weeks. S&W J-frames are going for about the same or slightly higher.

At the gunshow Saturday at the KCI Expo Center, vendors were listing LCRs at anywhere from $385 to $495 plus tax. (And LCPs were going from $280 to over $400, depending on the dealer.)

billccm

Bearcat
Mine was $474 out the door including 8.25% slaes tax. It was the best price I could find in Tucson. I have been monitoring gunbroker.com, and considering $30 for shipping, and $30 for FFL, I feel I didn't pay too much.

I am sort of a newbie to revolvers. Most of my arms experience has been with a bolt action 22, and a few 12 guage shotguns.

I have had a 22LR Single Six for about a year, and love it, but wanted a carry gun after I obtained my CCW.

So far, I have put about 150 rounds through my LCR at the range, and am happy with my purchase. I can hit the center mast targets with accuracy and ease, and the gun just feels right to me.

I have no regrets whatsoever. Even at the price I paid, I think it is a great CCW revolver for the money.

Take care, Bill

I paid $459 in April. It was only the 2nd one I'd ever had my hands on. The first was an order for another customer. I jumped on it and glad of it. What a great revolver. See my post "What a great shooter". The LCR, not me. Speaks for itself.

CATTLEDAWG

Bearcat
As for your concerns on it being a new gun...I see a lot of folks pointin' out the issues and recalls with some of Ruger's newer stuff...but the way I see it, to the best of my knowledge, ALL of those issues were addressed and made right...and that's something that doesn't scare me or make me hesitant...it makes me feel more comfortable goin' with any Ruger...I was a little sceptical when I first held my LCR due to it's weight (or lack there of)...but after I shot it I couldn't be more pleased...