What do I have to pay..... LCR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
ranger7":9vtst298 said:
Leucoandro":9vtst298 said:
Wow,

I remember getting my SP101 in 2000 for $380 after taxes, brand new from my local dealer.

Why the "Wow"?

Do you expect prices to stay the same for 8 years? The LCR prices are pretty competiative with current prices for S&W J frames (and the SP101). For a new state of the art gun in short supply I don't think the LCR's too bad

No, actually I know prices go up, it just amazes me how fast they do go up. I bought a SRH 480 Ruger in 2001-2002 for $465 New. Now SRH's are selling for $700+?

What amazes me is the $450+ price tag that a lot of people are paying. Heck, the SP101 327 that I bought in November was $450. I also find it hard to pay as much for a polymer gun as I would for a Metal Gun. (Maybe that is because the P95 has always sold for less than the P94). I do not think I could spend over $400 on one, and probibly would not spend more than $350 on one.

Charlie

chuck_in_texas

Bearcat
I paid $400 even for mine a few weeks ago, and I've grown to love it. I have an LCP, which was meant as my "pocket" gun, but in 3 months of ownership I managed to buy only 3 boxes of ammo, and I paid dearly for that.

With the LCR, I can handload my own 38s and get in lots of practice shooting. Which, IMHO, is critical for any gun you're going to trust your safety to.

Now I've been carrying the LCR only and trying to decide if I should sell the LCP.

darkwater67

Single-Sixer
Lately, I've seen a few on Gunbroker going for a Buy Now price of $375, plus s&h. Not too bad.

While it may seem boggling to pay just as much for a firearm made partly from polymer as opposed to all metal, one has to remember that firearm manufacturers are paying for a lot of soft costs (excise taxes, patents, design, engineering, tooling, overhead) before the cost of the materials used is even a factor.

Purple Sage

Bearcat
Well, it's December........ Thought I would re-visit my thread...

Anyone know what the current price is for the LCR? Thanks much.

one50npump

Bearcat
I gave $400 for mine and that included a desantis pocket holster, galco iwb holster, and 150 rounds of jhp +p ammo.