What dealer sells BlackHawk 357 Convertables?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

6gun

Hunter
My Ruger hating son finally decided he wants a Ruger Blackhawk 357/9MM convertible now that he discovered what a piece of junk the Uberti he bought was.

Having a hard time finding one locally and Davidsons don't have any in stock, anyone know a good source to order one from? he is open to either Blued or S/S

6gun

Hunter
I see KYguns has a blue 4 5/8 barrel in warehouse what ever that means?

And a 6 1/2" barreled on in stock, he wants 4 5/8" I'm also trying to convince him S/S is the way to go since he want to carry it in a holster.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
In warehouse means it will take about a week longer to get to your FFL. The last one I ordered from them was here in four days after I ordered it. That was my SBH .454 about a month ago.
I have bought over 20 Ruger handguns from them. Never a problem and quick to ship.

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
Lipsey's recently put out a batch of 357/9mm on the midsized flat top frame. I have two of them and they are outstanding. Buds had the 4-5/8" blued one listed last time I checked, if you have a local Lipsey's dealer they can order oneas well.

james r jr

Single-Sixer
Here are 2. One is used and the other is new:
http://www.gunauction.com/buy/13557201/
http://www.gunauction.com/buy/13383838/
The used one is mine. I'm letting my favorite dealer sell it for me.

tinman

Buckeye
6gun said:
My Ruger hating son finally decided he wants a Ruger Blackhawk 357/9MM convertible now that he discovered what a piece of junk the Uberti he bought was. Having a hard time finding one locally and Davidsons don't have any in stock, anyone know a good source to order one from? he is open to either Blued or S/S

Like the guys said, check out KYGUNCO.

http://www.kygunco.com/

I also can't imagine a single dealer in my area carrying such exotic offerings as a Blackhawk convertible. So, there are a number of dealers residing on this forum that think outside the box enough to stock them when they can. Just a phone call away, delivered to my dealer.

Try sending a PM to Gunsbam69, Seebs, or Acrylictnk. They all seem to have these convertibles available to them when other folks do not.

WAYNO.

roylt

Hunter
The ss unit is still made and I would push that. You can call just about any dealer and they can order one in. Ruger also just came out with the flat top typ so ask your boy which he likes. I like regular myself. The flat tops always look like the rear site will catch on things. but to each there own.

Good luck,

P.S. I think the stainless would hold a better value of time too. But again just my opinion.

6gun

Hunter
roylt said:
The ss unit is still made and I would push that. You can call just about any dealer and they can order one in. Ruger also just came out with the flat top typ so ask your boy which he likes. I like regular myself. The flat tops always look like the rear site will catch on things. but to each there own.

Good luck,

P.S. I think the stainless would hold a better value of time too. But again just my opinion.

I remember back when I bought my first Ruger in 1978 it is a Blackhawk 357 and I wanted it to be a convertible and none were being made at the time in S/S only blue, I bought the S/S and gave up on the convertible idea, having a S/S gun was more important to me.

Don't understand why my kid wants a convertible anyway he has new S&W with a titanium cylinder that's double action in 9mm, that's better then putting a 9mm cylinder in a 357 Blackhawk.

awp101

Single-Sixer
TX, home of DeeDee Snavely's Used Guns and Weapons
6gun said:
Don't understand why my kid wants a convertible anyway he has new S&W with a titanium cylinder that's double action in 9mm, that's better then putting a 9mm cylinder in a 357 Blackhawk.
Options. It's all about having options. I think the 9mm cylinder could be reamed for something like 9x25... :twisted: Why? Why not? :mrgreen:

eveled

Hawkeye
Now that I have both, I'd not buy another .357 on the large frame. The mid size flat top is sweet!

I have the Lypsey's convertible in .45, and I can't recommend it enough. I think your son would love the .357/9 Lypsey's Balckhawk.

6gun said:

More proof that variety makes the world go 'round. :mrgreen:

Nothing's more un-natural than a DA revolver chambered for a rimless cartridge. And titanium? It might last 15 years in a prosthetic knee, but that sure ain't long enough in a revolver.

I shoot SA revolvers a lot! Dropping rimless cartridges in a cylinder knowing the the ejector rod will push the empties out effortlessly, for half the cost of their rimmed counterparts, is natural. 8)

WAYNO.

eveled

Hawkeye
Plus the rims don't get hung up when dropping them in.

On my .45 convertible with the acp cylinder installed, the short stubby empty's drop out if the gun is held straight up. No ejector necessary.

The other advantage is bringing one kind of ammo, and shooting two different platforms. I bring the .45 Blackhawk if I am shooting my 1911's, and my .357 Blackhawk if shooting my other .357's revolvers. If I shot more 9mm I am sure I would see the value of a 9mm cylinder.

tinman

Buckeye
Multi-caliber guns is just a no brainer........don't know why it took me so long to realize that. :roll:

Jim Puke

Hunter
WAYNO said:
6gun said:

More proof that variety makes the world go 'round. :mrgreen:

Nothing's more un-natural than a DA revolver chambered for a rimless cartridge. And titanium? It might last 15 years in a prosthetic knee, but that sure ain't long enough in a revolver.

I shoot SA revolvers a lot! Dropping rimless cartridges in a cylinder knowing the the ejector rod will push the empties out effortlessly, for half the cost of their rimmed counterparts, is natural. 8)

WAYNO.

Well, I am kind of in the 6gun camp...I have bought one convertible...and, for me, it was a complete waste of money. I love 45acp, but not in a Blackhawk.

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
I have three 357/9mm convertibles right now and do shoot 9mm quite a bit out of them. The accuracy is not bad at all and I always have a stash of 9mm to feed my Glocks with so if I didn't quite get around to loading 357 or 38's I have something to grab and shoot. These Lipsey's flat tops are flat out awesome!!

lgriff1968

Bearcat
Bought my SS FT from Tooele on sale. They still have the blued FT or the full size SS.

http://tooeleshootingsupply.com/product-category/firearms/handguns/?filtering=1&filter_manufacturer=54&filter_caliber=27

6gun

Hunter
MoPrepper said:
Bought my SS FT from Tooele on sale. They still have the blued FT or the full size SS.

http://tooeleshootingsupply.com/product-category/firearms/handguns/?filtering=1&filter_manufacturer=54&filter_caliber=27

Tooele gun supply huh? looks like they have what were looking for, I'm quite familiar with Tooele Utah it's a small town south west of Salt Lake City where I lived when I was young, had a girl friend that lived out in Tooele in high school a real cute little blond, also use to ride in the Tooele Rodeo, it was on our yearly Rodeo circuit.

Thanks I'll pass this info on to my kid, he's still looking locally trying to find one cause dealers around here charge $50 to transfer a gun you order on line plus our state makes FFL dealers charge you sells tax making on line orders way higher than buying local but we may have no other option than to buy on line.