What are the odds of this one lettering?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I just about rang in on that one but I figured there is no way lightening could strike twice for me with OM brass framed guns so I passed. The hammer and trigger were a turnoff as well.

SBH4628

Blackhawk
Wyandot Jim":2bng9a38 said:
Don't think so, S/N doesn't look like it has a 80 pre-fix. It also has the wrong grips on it.
Jim
Good eye Jim :shock: Thanks,Can't see the number on my screen.

Jager01

Bearcat
What is lettering exactly? Just the new guy looking to learn. I assume its a Ruger that is so nice it gets a factory letter stating something.

Kanook

Buckeye
"letter" means proof that the brass came from the factory from day one and not an add on later in life.

Axehandle

Buckeye
Now guys... After Robb shared his lettered brassie SBH experience with me I recommend that everyone do it once! :p Heck, this dude has even been to the same photography school as Robb! :wink:
Wrong grips? We could call that a late model upgrade! How about that red ramp front sight? Isn't that engined turned hammer the cats meow? I can't see the SN on my monitor. Bet a PM to the seller would produce the number.... After that it is as simple as a telephone call... Could turn out to be worth a little restoration effort but needs to be bought right.... That red ramp most likely adds as much value as a good drill and tap... :D

Well,
As Robb knows ya only get one deal in the life of brass Rugers.
Mine was buying a reallllllllllll nice 357 6 1/2" for $405 and didn't know it would letter. Bought it for the frame.
Jim

Brassyandhat-1.jpg

tek4260

Buckeye
I should buy it and rechamber it to 45 along with installing a 4 5/8 barrel. I can fix the bling with some spare parts, but the prefix is a turn off... :?

tek4260":3lauo9x2 said:
I should buy it and rechamber it to 45 along with installing a 4 5/8 barrel. I can fix the bling with some spare parts, but the prefix is a turn off... :?

Well Ya might want to rethink that :D It would be a wholeeeeeeeeee lot cheaper just to buy a OM 45 :roll:
Jim

tek4260

Buckeye
Wyandot Jim":3byyp028 said:
tek4260":3byyp028 said:

Well Ya might want to rethink that :D It would be a wholeeeeeeeeee lot cheaper just to buy a OM 45 :roll:
Jim

But that's no fun..... :lol:

Besides with a rechamber, you can cut tighter chambers/proper throats.

Axehandle

Buckeye
Camera? Photography lessons? Please don't! The "Robb Barnes effect" has become the standard when I am describing really really BAD pictures... :wink: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: