What are 3 Screw Blackhawks Worth These Days?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mickeyboat

Bearcat
Just found one manufactured in 1971 in 357, 4 3/4 inch barrel in 100% condition, not a mark on the gun. No blueing wear anywhere. What would something like this be worth these days? Have not purchased or sold one in several years.

swoter

Bearcat
Local gunshop had one for $600. It had a couple of nicks and dings on it, plus the previous owner's name inscribed on the butt. Last time I looked it was still there.

I've never seen them in the low 400s. They seem to be at least 500+. More if it is a store like Cabelas. I like their on line gun library, but they have some going for 900 and up right now.

wwb

Hunter
A few months ago, I sold a 99% 3-screw 6-1/2 inch .357 for $475.... no box. The buyer and I both thought it was a reasonable price.

brushunter

Single-Sixer
A LGS here in western Pa had two last summer , one a little nicer than the other. He had the nicer of the two at 550, the other was 525. They lasted for several months , I would imagine he dealt some on them.

regards , brushunter

mickeyboat

Bearcat
Well I purchased a pair of these guns, serial numbers only 100 apart. These were almost 100% in every respect. Paid $1100 for the pair, no tax, no FFL as I bought them from a neighbor friend. Serial numbers showed 1971. The prior owner is also doing a bit of leather work for me.

pisgah

Buckeye
I picked one up locally, a 1971, a few months ago for $425 and considered it a good deal in this market -- slight bluing wear, but overall quite nice. Usually, even a dog example is marked at that much or higher and, of course, the older flattops even higher. However, I do see people in other areas who say "I wouldn't pay over 300", and that means either they never buy one or the market is weaker wherever they are.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I lucked into this one from my dealer ,no less, for $345.00 about a month ago.
The price of similar ones at local gun shows are all over the place, from $300+ to $600.

willk

Blackhawk
okie44 said:
Price always higher when I'm buying, lower when selling. Anyone else notice this? :mrgreen:
I especially noted it when Brenda and I were in the cattle business. I can make you a fortune with cows. Just buy when I am selling. (Prices are way down). Sell when I am buying. (Record high prices always assured).