What .45 ACP do you conceal carry most often?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

What .45 ACP do you conceal carry most often?

• 1911 (includes all brands)

Votes: 76 58.0%
  • Glock

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • Sig

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Ruger

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • S&W

Votes: 14 10.7%
  • None

Votes: 12 9.2%

• Total voters
Ohio! Way too freakin' close to the city!
I have carried a Springfield Armory XDs 45 and it works for me. I had a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II that I intended to carry and came close but it always acted up so I didn't carry it and sold it off. I have a Ruger P345 that I have considered carrying but have not due to size. It is a great gun so I may! Now, I have a Ruger SR1911 full size that I may carry sometime in the future after I shoot enough to trust it and get a good holster. The only thing about the P345 and the SR1911 for carry is the size and concealability!

Bennj1

Bearcat
Let me preface this by stating that I am in my 5th month of awaiting approval of my carry permit here in NJ. However, I do carry my Shield 45 whenever I'm at home.

Jxb

Bearcat
Springfield XDs 45 since 2012. Installed Truglo sights and PRP spring kit. It's not my EDC but I do carry it some. It is comfortable to carry and shoots really well.

budroe

Bearcat
I often conceal carry my Colt Combat Commander outfitted with Novak night sights.

Hankus

Single-Sixer
I carried an oddball Para LDA for many years but it became unreliable after one of the "ears" broke on the sear spring. I managed to find a Para "put-away" kit a few years ago but haven't gotten around to replacing the sear spring because I picked up a Kahr Arms CW45 on sale for a whopping $249 in 2015. The Kahr has become my EDC due to it's weight, reliabilty and accuracy.

Paul B

Hunter
Colt Combat Commander mildly customized. Grip safety replaced with a beavertail style, throat and feed ramp polished and very mild trigger job to just smooth things out. Only thing left to do is have a better set of sights installed. Probably Novak night sights or something similar. I shoot it fairly well as is even with the microscopic sights Colt puts on the pistol.
Paul B.

varminter22

Single-Sixer
You guys with short 1911s: Have you had any trouble with them feeding/digesting hollow point ammo? If so, how did you remedy it?

Cal30 1906

Single-Sixer
You guys with short 1911s: Have you had any trouble with them feeding/digesting hollow point ammo? If so, how did you remedy it?
Some 1911s just don't feed well with hollow point bullets. Working on the feed ramp and tweaking the lips of your magazine may help. I have 2 1911s, one just a basic govt model and one scandium bobtail that both feed everything I shoot out of it but on the occasion it does fail to feed it is with a hollow point. That being said it doesn't happen enough for me to call it a problem. Keep it lubed up. Also how you hold it when you shoot can be a factor. Lots of things contribute and I by no means could call myself a 1911 guru.

Cal30 1906

Single-Sixer
I tried to add my vote but it didn't take.
Anyway I generally carry a Smith and Wesson scandium in public as a concealed weapon. When I fish in rattlesnake county I carry a stainless Sp101 due partly to getting it wet should I fall in the water and I keep a few snake loads that I load myself. When I hunt or ride in the sticks I carry my Redhawk 45 colt in a Diamond D chest holster and usually have my shirt over it to protect it from dust. I guess that's considered concealment.
Sorry that got off topic a little with other cartridges.

Latest posts