What’s your bedroom gun?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tbone

Single-Sixer
2-1/2" S&W 66 357 for at least the past 20 years.
May be changing soon. Just bought a S&W Governor today. 410 to the face followed by a 45 colt would do a very good job of stopping the problem. Never thought about one till my youngest daughter got fascinated about one. So I bought one on sale at a LGS for her to try out.
S&W rep was there giving out some goodies with a S&W purchase.

Attachments

• 20230311_112652.jpg
    20230311_112652.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230311_112712.jpg
    20230311_112712.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 43

volshooter

Buckeye
I know a lot of gun guys. Guns/firearm/pistol/long arm/shot gun/magazines, and "clips" are common language. Honestly don't care if they use wrong verbage as long as they know how to use it.
It kinda bugs me when they say they have a "gun'. Kinda like saying they have a truck.
However it really bugs me when "clip" is used to refer to a magazine.
God bless em. at least they know how to shoot.

"clip" is always a tell tail sign of a novice.... I've even seen it used in books written by someone pretending to be knowledgeable about guns....

wife and I watch a lot of mystery shows on tv and most are either British or Australian it seems and the gun handling and verbiage drives me crazy.

I consider a light mandatory on any Bump in the Night Gun. Every year there's a few stories where people believed that their kids wouldn't be sneaking in late and shoot "The Intruder" only to find their kid or kid's friend dead. A momentary switch is perfect for not giving you away while giving you that split second of recognition of what or who you are shooting.

I've been toasted on another forum for saying I don't think a light should ever be put on a firearm..... I guess I have to back up and say that I think most people, gun owners, should not have one on their weapon... simple reason is it just seems to me that it is too easy to use the light on the gun as a flashlight when your hear that bump in the night. Using the light on a gun to 'look' around is violating one of the cardinal rules of safe gun handling... then all it takes is violating another rule... "keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire" and with just getting startled and a bad thing can happen.

I've been toasted on another forum for saying I don't think a light should ever be put on a firearm..... I guess I have to back up and say that I think most people, gun owners, should not have one on their weapon... simple reason is it just seems to me that it is too easy to use the light on the gun as a flashlight when your hear that bump in the night. Using the light on a gun to 'look' around is violating one of the cardinal rules of safe gun handling... then all it takes is violating another rule... "keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire" and with just getting startled and a bad thing can happen.
If you're old enough to remember there we're several competing methods for handgun / flashlight use before gun mounted lights became available. Depending on your chosen method one idea was to hold your light away from your body or to hold it along side your handgun.

The hold it away from the body crowd contended, and I fall into that camp, that folks would probably " shoot the light ". Today that's exactly what I would do.

375hh1973

Single-Sixer
Benelli M4 loaded with 6 rds of #1 buck. Chamber loaded, safety on.

Sig P226 357sig

S&W M&P .45

I follow the scan with the light in one hand, aim with the handgun in the other. Room clearing light is high and forward of body, for distance outdoors I might switch to the FBI method. (Thats the hand with the light drops down and under the gun hand. Wrists are together, gun hand is sitting a top flashlight hand. Flashlight hand is palm up). There are other methods that work also. Practice night fire. Learn how you get blinded by your muzzle flash.

Maybe I'm wrong and I hope to never be proven wrong or right... but walking around at night with a flash light looking for a bad guy never seemed the right way to do things to me... I want to stay hidden and carrying a bright light is not the way to do it. I'd save the flash light to turn on and startle and blind who ever you find.

B-O-B'03

Bearcat
Either the Judge Public defender with alternating #4 shot 410 and Hornady Critical Defense .45 or the Kimber Micro 9 with 124G JHP and the crimson trace laser grips.