What’s up with 30 Super Carry?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kcsteve

Single-Sixer
I know it's just a name but, why not call it 32 Super Carry? Because well, that's what it is, a .32. I think the long list of .32 ammo would add credibility.
Just saying.

IMHO, whatever you call it, it is/will be a solution to a "need" that doesn't exist.
Just sayin'

J.

Yeah, that's kind of the history of cartridge development. Case in point; did we really "need" the 6.5mm Creedmoor? If you look at the case dimensions, it's pretty much a .250 Savage Improved (which has been around since FDR was president), with the bullet diameter increased a whopping .007 inches.

I used to say that I wouldn't buy a firearm that was chambered for a cartridge less than a hundred years old, but for various reasons that's no longer true. The .40 S&W (which a lot of folks don't care for) is one of my favorites!

If there's one thing you can bet on, it's that every gun owner has an opinion! So (as always) IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc., etc.

Last edited:

The Happy Kaboomer

Single-Sixer
Won't be around long like the Glock 45 Gap ot the 9mm feral rimmed or the 5mm Remington.........It is a useless waste of time.

JCK

Single-Sixer
I certainly hope you're right!
I got a S&W .30 SC EZ. It's a tack driver, too.

I've got a S&W Super-9 with 3-barrels. 9x19, 9x21,.356TSW.
Never fired the .356TSW bbl.
I paid $700otd at Franklins in Bogart, Ga in 2002.
Last one sold on Gunbroker for $3250.00

I hope I get that return on my .30SC.

Even the 10mm is "chic" again!

But I sure am enjoying my .30!