We're on 'missing' spree

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Son and G-son went to our north farm to check stuff there and take a short coyote calling session. I didn't go since I'd been out in the cold all day and wasn't up for sitting still even longer. They saw 4 maybe 5, shot at 3, and only managed a single hit. BUMMER
Yesterday while standing in my driveway, we saw a coyote in a cut bean field 600 yards away hunting mice in a strip of grassy border. Jumped on the Ranger and took a round-about route to put us within sketchy range. Apparently coyote was too busy sniffing out mice to notice and we made it to a spot with a dirt berm for concealment and shooting support w/o spooking it. Son said his rangefinder reticle indicated about 300 yards so we held for that distance and apparently it was a fair bit more. That was an error on my part. Since he was holding for 300 yards, I should have held a bit higher as I'm pretty sure our bullets went low(I didn't see any impacts beyond the critter that would indicate we went high).
Oh well, yotie left the field but didn't seem to know how close it came to disaster as it was still sitting beyond the field 1/2 mile away when Son drove out.

I shot the suppressed AR today and discovered it doesn't hit on the 300 yard tick on the scope's crosshair. If I'd held on the yotie's back, it would have died on the spot--oops. I'm about 5" low @ 330 yards but had a decent 3" group at that range. Not as good as the 6.5 but minute of coyote and not all that bad for a 16" semi-auto carbine.
Gotta LOVE those Adams Arms VooDoo barrels.

It's ok to be honest. I will admit to missing a fair number of yotes. Can I say it was because they were running while I was shooting. It's still a miss, it happens. Learn and move on.