Were old model Blackhawks offered in SS?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rhatimi

Bearcat
I don't know a whole lot about "OM" Blackhawks, but were they ever offered in Stainless Steel variations, or just the traditional blued versions? I have taken a liking to their mechanisms and the fact that they are ruger tough, and wish Ruger would have kept the same lock work in their NM blackhawks.

black029

Single-Sixer
The NM's may even be tougher, but so are their trigger pulls............no where near as crisp as the 3 screw, in general, although one can make any trigger good if you know what you are doing.

CraigC

Hawkeye
There is a solution, it involves hard chrome. The superior action of the Old Models with better corrosion resistance than stainless steel. It was applied to every surface, screw and plunger in this custom flat-top .44Spl by Jim Stroh, plating by AP&W. ;)

P1010025.JPG

Stoots

Buckeye
CraigC":m502sv8k said:
There is a solution, it involves hard chrome. The superior action of the Old Models with better corrosion resistance than stainless steel. It was applied to every surface, screw and plunger in this custom flat-top .44Spl by Jim Stroh, plating by AP&W. ;)

P1010025.JPG

Damn that's beautiful!

:shock:

:D

revhigh

Hawkeye
Nice gun Craig .... looks almost like bead blasting, and I LOVE bead blasting.

REV

240gr&up

Bearcat
Man that hard chrome is nice! Is bead blasting nessasary to give it that texture? I figured h.c. would fill all that in?

Axehandle

Buckeye
FWIW if you like the stainless look there are hard chrome applications that look like stainless... I stumbled on this NM 41 mag a few years back... While I don't know who did the work I do know that it is hard chrome... I had a hard chrome Clark Custom 1911 years ago that had the same look.
001-37.jpg

002-30.jpg

Latest posts