Went to buy Glock ; Came back ordered LCR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigkev98

Bearcat
A couple days ago I stopped by Gander Mt. to look at a G33 I've been wanting for a long time,and while there I picked up a LCR. I was so impressed with the balance, the sight picture, and the overall make that I came home and ordered one off of this forum $129 less than G Mt. I guess the G33 will have to wait just a little while. Any suggestions for a good IWB holster? THANKS

VictimNoMore

Bearcat
BigKev--
Good decision on the LCR. I daily carry mine in a High Noon Holsters IWB holster.
From a fellow West Virginian...don't buy guns at Gander Mtn. Their prices are highway robbery. I stopped in at the one on Corridor G a few weeks ago, and was literally shocked at the prices I saw. Some were OVER retail price!

Enjoy your LCR!

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
I haven't decided yet on the LCR. Not knocking it; just don't know. I like j-frames for maximum concealment, Glock 26 or 27 for lesser concealment but more firepower, and then model 19 if you can handle a larger butt without printing.
Try a Barami Hip Grip with a j-frame; you'll never go back. IMHO.
Sonnytoo

bigkev98

Bearcat
writwing":3ysuliju said:
So you don't feel under gunned going from 10 to 5 shots?
I don't necessarily like going to 5 shots,but I know I'll always carry the LCR no matter what I'm wearing. I still will purchase a Glock in a couple of months,but the thought of carrying one everyday especially in warm weather seems to be too much.

Ltdshooter

Single-Sixer
Not to dis the LCR but you really should have stuck with the G33. I've been carrying one for the last two years and it's small size and mag capacity (with the + 2 basepad) gives you basically a 12 shot 357 mag that is hard to beat. I gave up on the small revos long ago for anything but cold weather front pocket carry. The sub compact Glocks carry easy, are ultra reliable and are THE carry gun IMHO.

THE .41 MAN

Single-Sixer
Ltdshooter":3vgzmb92 said:
Not to dis the LCR but you really should have stuck with the G33. I've been carrying one for the last two years and it's small size and mag capacity (with the + 2 basepad) gives you basically a 12 shot 357 mag that is hard to beat. I gave up on the small revos long ago for anything but cold weather front pocket carry. The sub compact Glocks carry easy, are ultra reliable and are THE carry gun IMHO.

Another perk of having the G33 is that you can buy a factory G27 barrel and shoot the somewhat cheaper .40S&W out of the same magazines. Summer, I carry a G33 or G26 where applicable. Winter, the G19, G32, or G38 goes with me. Waiting for the SR9 compact to show up, now.

Clarkston_cz

Single-Sixer
You will LOVE that LCR!

lcr-9.jpg

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
man the lcr is running a close second to the glock for ugly. I will stick with my sp101 for ccw and the glocks for vehicle guns. I still love my sa's and my mkIII. But think ruger went out of line with the lcr. You know glock went from making curtain rods to pistols ruger went from making fine guns to the lcr.

onetime

Bearcat
I put a clipdraw on my lcr. Didn't know how I'd like it but I'm very pleased with it. I can carry that LCR in sweatpants with the Clipdraw.
The holsters I tried just didn't fit perfectly and added a little bulk.

Ltdshooter

Single-Sixer
Tommy Kelly":32xdt9yv said:
man the lcr is running a close second to the glock for ugly. I will stick with my sp101 for ccw and the glocks for vehicle guns. I still love my sa's and my mkIII. But think ruger went out of line with the lcr. You know glock went from making curtain rods to pistols ruger went from making fine guns to the lcr.

Hey there.... I take exception to that... Glock's aren't ugly but that LCR sure is! Glock's have a business look about them. If you want pretty in an auto pistol go to a 1911. Now there is some class!