Went to buy a Taurus, ended up with a Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
I had the day off today, and it was payday too. So, I stopped in my favorite pawn shop and spotted a nice little .38 spl snubby Taurus (cannot remember the model). Went to pick up my check and think a little bit about it. Decided to get it, went back and they had sold it 30 minutes after I left the first time. BUMMER!

Well, nothing else tickled my fancy. The .38 spl snubby S&W they had was more than I wanted to spend on a .38. So, I went across town to the other pawn shop and laid down a deposit on a 2.25" .357 SP101 with CT grips.

This gun is nice! I couldn't tell if it had been shot at all. The owner had told me it was, but "hardly". Which is appearant. No scratches/wear marks anywhere on it. All the accessories are still sealed in the factory bags. He wanted $600 he took $50 off. I was greatful for that, as I'm not a regular customer/visitor, but have done some repeat business and will continue to.

I think I came out OK. What does everybody else think? Blume, rev, snake? lol

BearStopper

Blackhawk
Cant beat the crimson trace grips on a snubby. My wifes is extremely accurate using the laser sights with semi wadcutter handloads.

coach

Hunter
I'm guessing you're much less likely to regret the ruger when compared to the taurus.
Not that tauruses are terrible, but mine have a tendancy to be a little touchy or have parts break or fall off.
I can't say that about any of my rugers.

smokehouse

Bearcat
I did the same thing...wanted a Taurus M44...got a Super Redhawk. The build quality comparing the two was night and day...

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
I didn't think you could go 100 miles North or East of Tulsa. LOL BTW, My sister and I both went to O-State. I like the avatar.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
CanonLyles":2gm7oqce said:
I didn't think you could go 100 miles North or East of Tulsa. LOL BTW, My sister and I both went to O-State. I like the avatar.

Its 100 miles to the Ok/Mo state line on I-44.

As for the avatar.... I'm not an OSU fan. My team of choice is OU. However, my nephew graduated from OSU last May. I just liked the Pistol Pete logo b/c he has a gun!!! :wink:

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
Ruger Packer":lrr4y55t said:
CanonLyles":lrr4y55t said:

Its 100 miles to the Ok/Mo state line on I-44.

As for the avatar.... I'm not an OSU fan. My team of choice is OU. However, my nephew graduated from OSU last May. I just liked the Pistol Pete logo b/c he has a gun!!! :wink:

Well, I USED to think you were a pretty good guy. LMAO

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Go OSU! Go Beavs! Oh, you meant someplace else... (Oregon State University - home of the Beavers. Hey, it beats the UCSC Banana Slugs, or the Ducks, for that matter, who have to pay royalties to Disney for their name...)

-- Sam