Weekend find BKH 45 X ( The Letter )

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender said:
Yes,,, Ruger did make brass framed SINGLE CYLINDER GUNS IN 45 COLT. They did not,, according to all KNOWN information make any factory CONVERTIBLE .45 cal guns with 2 cylinders and brass grip frames.

The gun mentioned above came with 2 cylinders,, of which are numbered to the gun. It came with a spare g/f & grips, trigger too. I, along with a few others feel it will "letter" as a convertible,, but NOT a brass framed convertible.

Just a little hair-splitting clarification there. I know that's what you meant.

I agree as to its likely factory origin as a non-brass convertible, but a letter will resolve all this.

For what it's worth, there have been quite a few guns that have had the extra cylinders retrofitted complete with the appropriate serial number digits added . . . somehow or other. :roll: I am not suggesting this is the case here.

With Ruger, never say "never". :wink:

Well the letter came on Saturday it letters as a BKH 45X but not shipped with a brass grip frame I had also requested letters on a few more guns I have had a magnum marked single six in the safe for a number of years that has a 5 1/2 inch barrel that I looked over many times and was sure it was correct but the letter states shipped with 6 inch barrel Oh well that one is going down the road :D :(

Gramps

flattop44

Buckeye
Gramps, a Magnum Marked RSSM that has and letters with a 6" barrel would be ultra rare!! They did not make 6" barreled Mag Marked Single-Sixes, all were 6-1/2" that I have ever seen or heard about. Measure that barrel from the face of the cylinder to the tip, if its a 6" you may have a one-of-a-kind!!

FT44