Week of Basket Weave

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Eaglestroker

Single-Sixer
Seems like I'm doing more and more sets like these and while it is time consuming it always leaves me giddy to get 'em out the door to their new forever homes. This batch was no different.

First one is a plain antique chestnut belt in full weave:

The second is an antique russet rig for a 2.5" 386 7 shot with the appropriate matching slide.

This last one was a bit of a headache. Cut out and finished a right handed holster only to check the order before shipment and see 'Left Handed.' No problem, little inventory never hurt anyone. The moon clip pouch was my first but probably not the last and I'm really happy with the way it came out.

GA Cracker

Blackhawk
You sir are a craftsman! VERY NICE! What is the extra right hand holster made to fit and how much would it set a covetous man back? Would a new 4.2 Redhawk fit that piece of art?

Eaglestroker

Single-Sixer
Jim Luke said:
Beautiful leatherwork!

Thank you Jim!

GA Cracker said:
You sir are a craftsman! VERY NICE! What is the extra right hand holster made to fit and how much would it set a covetous man back? Would a new 4.2 Redhawk fit that piece of art?

Morning GA, one like it would quote at $125 it is about as option as I offer, with weave and veg tan lining. I'm afraid that extra length would keep it from seating properly and it would really require one made to your Redhawk. One of those new 45's would going with that moon clip pouch pretty well. May need one for myself!

usmc0341 said:
I love seeing your stuff man. Your stamping is amazing.

I appreciate your kind words, there are a lot of folks much better than myself! Seems it is a curse because every time a new favorite is finished I end up with another not to far down the road :D "This is my best work..."....."No really, this is it"....."Ok, those were good but THIS." Fun to keep breaking my own bar.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Fabulous! I've loved basketweave since the '70s. When I was in college I took a Bianchi or Safariland catalog in to a local hippie leatherworker who advertised he'd make any kind of belt you wanted for nine bucks (or somewhere thereabouts) and told him, "Make me one of these!" He told me to come back in a week. When I did, he had it for me--and nicely done, too--but told me he'd ruined three or four nice belt blanks getting it right. But after getting one right, he knew how to do it, and made me three or four more of them over the years, as I'd wear them out.

Haven't had one for a decade or more--I think I need a new one.

Yours are beautiful! :wink:

Eaglestroker

Single-Sixer
don44 said:
Really very nice!

Thank you don!

COWTOWNER said:
Well I'm 'giddy' just looking at your work/artistry. You sir, have a bunch of God given talent. Just stay away from 'powered saws'.

Thanks

Mike

Hey Mike, even the untalented get lucky from time to time. There's no doubt though that I'm more blessed than I deserve and give credit to the big Man upstairs.

WendyZXZ said:
That is very nice work and pictures!

Thank you Wendy!

gunman42782 said:
Super nice!

Thank you!

Snake45 said:
Fabulous! I've loved basketweave since the '70s. When I was in college I took a Bianchi or Safariland catalog in to a local hippie leatherworker who advertised he'd make any kind of belt you wanted for nine bucks (or somewhere thereabouts) and told him, "Make me one of these!" He told me to come back in a week. When I did, he had it for me--and nicely done, too--but told me he'd ruined three or four nice belt blanks getting it right. But after getting one right, he knew how to do it, and made me three or four more of them over the years, as I'd wear them out.

Haven't had one for a decade or more--I think I need a new one.

Yours are beautiful! :wink:

Mike - thank you for the kind words! My grandfather used to deal with ol' Roy Baker in much the same way only he usually made it while he waited. Don't have as many storefronts these days but seems to be a resurgence of folks interested in making them.

AJGUNNER said:
Very nice. I think the guy that ordered the lefty would be wise to buy them both so he can look forward to having a matched pair some day.

Hey AJ - unfortunately for me the customer spotted the mistake before I did when I had sent him an order update with a photo attached. Gave him first crack but he wasn't interested. Thinking about keeping it as a reminder for my 4" mountain gun pictured. Been considering sending it to get slicked and cut for moon clips, a matching clip pouch to go on my non tooled belt would be ok by me.

Latest posts