Weed Killer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I usually buy my weed killer from TSC. $59.00 for 2 1/2 gal of Farmworks 41 % glysophate. I went to buy another of the same stuff at TSC the other day and the price was $139.99. WOW. And they say things are going to get worse. :mad:

What are you guys paying?

57springer

Buckeye
I stocked up last year when Rural King had it on sale . Gonna take a look at their website .

wolfsong

Staff member
Seriously, because of the drought, and storing every drop the wells can produce for the feedlot cattle, I simply stopped watering everything but the fruit trees. Everything else has turned brown. Now that everything is dead, once it's all weed whacked down it doesn't spring back. No need for weed killer.

Last edited:

hittman

Staff member
My local Ace sells concentrate too …. If you have one of those nearby check their web site.

Regardless, we know everything has gone up. One of my vitamins I take doubled in 90 days.

krw

Blackhawk
Farmers Co-Op. $198/cs. 5 gal, which is way up from last yr. Packers are gettn filthy rich while Cow/Calf, and Feeders losing money

Johnnu2

Buckeye
I paid $23.75 for two sandwiches at a local deli..... normally $14 for both.

J.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
One of my vitamins I take doubled in 90 days.
Take a look at Sam's Club. I was going to get a new supply from Amazon, and they
screwed up my order, so I looked at Sam's. 15% less! Same manufacturer, same
dosage, just less than Amazon. ;)

Now back to the thread subject.

Cholo

Staff member
I usually buy my weed killer from TSC. $59.00 for 2 1/2 gal of Farmworks 41 % glysophate. I went to buy another of the same stuff at TSC the other day and the price was $139.99. WOW. And they say things are going to get worse. :mad:

What are you guys paying?
I used to have a commercial spraying license so I could buy different weed killers wholesale. I'd buy the 2.5 gal. of Monsonto 41% Round Up for what I'm thinking was about $125 in the early 90's. I still have about 1/2 gal. from back then.

I'm just surprised that anyone can now buy the 41% stuff over the counter. IIRC you couldn't in the early 90's. And priced that low!

I do get your point about how much it's gone up recently, though. That's a pretty high %!

Mobuck

Hawkeye
I could tell you 'stories' about the generic Glyphosate that's sold at XYZ farm stores but I'm sworn to secrecy as to the source of my information. Let's just say that the Chinese don't put much effort into cleaning their mix and/or holding tanks between chemicals. There's no telling what might have been left in a mix tank before they started filling those glyphosate labeled jugs. In addition, that 41% may not be true if there was 100 gallon of rinse water left in a holding tank before the 1000 gallon of Gly was pumped in.
We went back to paying for the trademark after some poor results related to the above comments.
Oh, when discussing the cost of a 2.5 gallon jug calculate the cost of a 250 gallon 'tote'. I'm almost afraid to drive down the road with that in the back of my pickup.

Latest posts