Weaver classic or Bushnell trophy pistol scope for SBH?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
Or Bushnell Elite Pistol Scope? This will go on my SBH Hunter (should I find one). My dad has a Bushnell trophy and it's not a bad scope, but I would like the opinions of others. Thanks. Also, anyone know how these two companies are with warranty work?

BigJ71

Single-Sixer
For medium price range scopes that will give you quality reliable service, I'd suggest the Burris, Nikon and Leupold lines.

These scopes will perform day in and day out and they won't break the bank. If you are serious about hunting with your revolver then these are the starting scopes to choose from.

If all you want to do is put holes in paper then most likely a cheaper scope will work for you. Most of the time when shooting targets it's under optimum conditions ie: sunny, clear, warm, etc... So unless it breaks, you'll get good service out of them.

Hunting however, puts you in situations where it's usually cold, wet, windy, foggy, overcast etc... and you need a scope that will perform well day in and day out in those situations. The scopes I listed above will do just that. There are others in this price range I'm sure I'm forgetting but this will get you started with your research.

Latest posts