Weapon Shield

Help Support Ruger Forum:

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Hello,I got a free sample with a needle dispenser on it . I put a little in the MAG for my Mark II , its so smooth now, just great. It did clean the barrel up really good on both my pistols! Anyone got a way that they like to put it on ??? Didn't someone say to use a "blow dryer"?? Thanks for your Ideals!

bullockdgmanor

Bearcat
I use Weapon Shield on my Mark III. When I clean after shooting, I'll run a couple of patches with a few drops of WS though the bore, then a dry patch. After I clean out the chamber with Hoppes, I'll put WS on a Q-tip and wipe the whole chamber. I put a small drop on each side of the bolt, where wear is evident, and cycle the bolt a few times (seems to make it move a lot more smoothly). Then I use a small piece of cotton rag with a little WS on it to wipe down the whole exterior (blued finish) and the mags.

No heat required (isn't it militec that needs heat?).

Dan

rmansu2

Single-Sixer
How does Weapon Shield perform on polymer and stainless like the KP95?

Who has this on their shelves?
Bass Pro, Cabela's, Academy, or would a local gun shop be a better place to look?

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
rmansu2":19rvwl0x said:
How does Weapon Shield perform on polymer and stainless like the KP95?

Who has this on their shelves?
Bass Pro, Cabela's, Academy, or would a local gun shop be a better place to look?

I went to their web sight and got mind, it hasnt hurt my SR9 any! Its real handy to get a small half drop of oil in them hard to get at places. I put a thin film on my Mark II bolt, 10 days later I shot 80-100 rds and it was still there! Try the smalll one with the needel dispencer on the end, im thinking I may be able to refill it with what ever I want if need be.