Wasted money on a box today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Teddydogno1

Single-Sixer
At a gun show today, I bought a box for my recently purchased Service Six revolver. Red box with black ends and for the correct barrel length of 2 3/4". No serial number on the box.

BUT...I'm a dummy. I also picked up my revolver from the shop on the way home. I'm a dummy because my "new" gun is a SPEED SIX. So I wasted $35. (Really, who needs a box for an old gun anyway, so many would say I wasted the money regardless). My revolver's SN is 160-88940 so was made around 1985.

Rob

never know , hang on to the box ,all you really need to find is the proper end label, let us know just which model you have and look around accordingly...yes it just may be the later yellow, black box but we;ve seen overlap, later shipped guns with those color boxes.
8) :roll: :wink:

Not "wasted money" but an investment....... :)

Teddydogno1

Single-Sixer
You guys probably know better than I what type box my gun probably shipped in. I didn't know the gun's serial number because I didn't pick it up until after the show.

The red box I bought also says "Police Service-Six" which might further help date the box. I've read that Ruger called it the "Police" Service-Six early on, but dropped the "Police" part later.

Rob

Latest posts