Warning: not ruger .41 magnum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JaTiMatic

Bearcat
Last thorday i bought Dan wesson V41 .41Magnum with 10" barrel. Why? becouse it was cheap and i wanted buy some new gun :)

edit: Just now i notice that posted in wrong section, can somebody delete this or remove to revolvers topic?

Three44s

Single-Sixer
Though this forum is for Rugers ........ many of it's members like guns other than Rugers.

I too own a .41 in DW ...... mine is a VH blued in 6".

"As new" ....... for 265 ........ I believe I STOLE IT!

Gorgeous blueing and after a bunch of Gun Scrubber (a bunch of dried grease internally washed out) ...... the trigger is to die for ..........

....... a good round shooter ....... is after all .......... a good round shooter ..... they weren't all made by "Bill".

Three 44s

GhosT

Blackhawk
LOL, never owned a DAN WESSON.......
But know them
Great guns......

JaTiMatic..
.ya bought a.41 magnum 10" barrel version???? shame on you.

LMAO...
As know the ballistics of the .41 magnum well....
Wonder how many deer hunters would drool at the chance to own it...

BTW Three44s,...265 bucks...another cool steal!!! LOL

Still blows me away how many don't get the .41 magnum round !

Don Lovel

Hunter
When I was competing in IHMSA Silhouette matches, there was a guy who regularly shot a 41 Mag 10" like the one you described. He won quite a few matches with it. A year or so later he had another built for him in 411 Super I think the caliber is called. 445 Supermag brass sized down to 41 cal.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
In Taffin's book BIG BORE SIXGUNS, he devotes the majority of his chapter on Silhouetts shooting to Dan Wesson, with newer models from FA thrown in for good measure. He used Dan Wesson for competition for some period of time and praises them widely.
My son had one of the three-bbl sets and loved its accuracy.
Sonnytoo

THE .41 MAN

Single-Sixer
Don Lovel":2t7zprbt said:
When I was competing in IHMSA Silhouette matches, there was a guy who regularly shot a 41 Mag 10" like the one you described. He won quite a few matches with it. A year or so later he had another built for him in 411 Super I think the caliber is called. 445 Supermag brass sized down to 41 cal.

The cartridge was called the .414 SuperMag. It was merely a lengthened .41Magnum case. It was developed by Elgin Gates for the Silhouette game. I still have some of the Gates headstamped cases for use in my DW .414SM.

THE .41 MAN

Single-Sixer
Sonnytoo":34tor1cd said:
In Taffin's book BIG BORE SIXGUNS, he devotes the majority of his chapter on Silhouetts shooting to Dan Wesson, with newer models from FA thrown in for good measure. He used Dan Wesson for competition for some period of time and praises them widely.
My son had one of the three-bbl sets and loved its accuracy.
Sonnytoo

The DWs are VERY accurate due in part to the tensioned barrel. I've got both blue and SS .41Magnum pistol pacs with VH shrouds. The eight inch blued shroud has a scope mounted to it for hunting. Both are Monson builds. Wish CZ would continue with them.

JaTiMatic

Bearcat
Here is few pictures. DW cost me 270e, maybe something 300 in dollars.

DanWesson41Magnum.jpg

1002.jpg

1003.jpg

I did get 40 rounds with gun, all gone now. Accuracy is better than my SHR .44mag.

stantheman86

Buckeye
I have a couple Dan's, a fixed sight 14(?) and a 15, both .357's.

I like them a lot, but never fell in love with them. The fact that, in full lockup, I can grab the cylinder and twist it out of lockup without much force is kind of disconcerting. I asked over on the DW forum and was told this was "normal".......I don't think I'll ever be a DW collector but I'll keep enjoying my 2.

Dan in MI

Staff member
I had a DW 41-V10 back in the 80's. Sweet gun, I just couldn't shoot it as well as a couple others I owned. Shot a friends .375 Supermag very well for a few months but couldn't get him to part with it. I have a soft spot for DW's. I'd buy a .375 in heartbeat at a reasonable price. I've also been eyeballing getting DW 357 maxi/Supermag in 6 or 8". I know where I can get a ASNIB 10" but I don't need a long tube version.

stantheman86

Buckeye
No serious wheelgun fan should be without at least 1 Dan, if only to have something different. Prices are still reasonable, because DW's don't have as much of a widespread following, more of a "niche" fan base, but those fans are VERY loyal. The Dans are very durable and are basically an out of the box match revolver. QC problems plagued them in the later production before they went under, but CZ bought the Dan Wesson name but I don't know if the long promised revolvers were ever brought back into production.

Grinchman

Bearcat
I just picked up a nice looking redhawk 41 mag at a gun show. I didn't realize ammo was going to be so hard to get.

I might have to get another hobby and start reloading.

41manor44

Single-Sixer
I've never owned a Dan Wesson but have always heard good things about them. As far as a 41 goes, I think it's the best caliber out there. I have several and they have a permanent home with me. Any I see with a reasonable price will come home with me. 2 Redhawks in 41 and if I could find one with a shorter barrel than 7 1/2" it would be my next purchase. Enjoy that 41 and hope you can get ammo for it or do you load your own?

collector rob

Bearcat
A couple of years ago I picked up a DW 44mag blue 6" at the LGS for a good price. At that time CZ was selling new barrel/shroud combos. I picked up a 4" for it. I dont' know if the offer any 41 barrels, but you might give them a try if you are looking for something shorter.

Latest posts