Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
I ordered two items from Amazon, two days ago. One was delivered yesterday
and the second was to be delivered today. Sooooo, I went and looked at the
status, to see when I should expect it.

HO-LEE-BLEEP!
The price went up by 50%!!

Went back to the original order, and it showed the price I anticipated. Humm . . . .
So I did a screen shot to prove what I was saying, and looked at the other item.
The price DOUBLED!!

Cancelled the order that has not been delivered.

Went back to see what the (bleep) was going on and everything was fine. (?!)
I'm glad I did the screen shot so I know I'm not going crazy.

My point?
Pay close attention to the prices on Amazon, AND take screen shots.
It could save your sanity.

P.S. I'm starting a log of items/prices to see if this is an isolated (unknown?) issue,
or if I'm about to drop off of using Amazon.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
Found it!

For some strange reason if you come into the item display from one direction you
get the item price. If you come into the same display from another direction it
shows the total order price. - - - Same item, two different prices.

My solution: Only have one item per order.
(still going to run a log)

wiz1997

Single-Sixer
Amazon has many different vendors using their site, often having the same items at very different prices.
Got to be on your toes when looking for things.

wiz1997 said:
Amazon has many different vendors using their site, often having the same items at very different prices.
Got to be on your toes when looking for things.
So true. I ordered some leather working supplies yesterday and looked around prior to ordering. The same item was listed at three different places at three different prices. Needless to say I went with the lowest.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
As said multiple vendors. Usually they show the vendor with free shipping and fastest delivery on the lead in page. If you search other vendors item might be cheaper may or may not charge shipping and delivery time could be way longer. If you order multiples of the same item and one vendor only has one in stock, amazon will typically kick you to the next vendor with the same or close to same delivery time. Not the same or close to same price.

It seems a lot of the vendors have figure out how not only to play the marketing game but jack the price up once you order....

I've noticed that it is pretty normal when you look for something there is a notation and only 3 or 4 or left.....

sounds to me like the vendor may intentionally split the order and the try to sneak the price increase in on the 2nd shipment.

vito

Hunter
Someone recently told me that the Amazon algorithms are such that you might not see the lowest price for the item from that vendor the first time you look at it. But if you look at an item, then leave that page, return to it later to look at it again, and do this several times, the price will be lowered on the assumption that you really want the item but hesitated in ordering due to the price. The person who told me this had worked for Amazon a few years back, and she said every item she wants to buy she first looks at it three or four times and then clicks on the "buy now" box, often paying a bit less than the first price quoted. I haven't tried this yet and I might be too impatient to go through this process unless it is for an expensive item.

Latest posts