Wanted, SD memory card. Not a joke...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
Hi,
Some of you know I'm a single Dad of two little kids and I just got a refurbed "new" digital camera so I can get school plays etc saved for myself and my kids. So I still need the memory card and some rechargable AA batteries.

This camera is a 16MP with about 20 zoom. I understand it eats memory so I figure I'll need about a 32GB card. Anyone got a spare or maybe an older card that they upgraded from??

Let me know and thanks in advance,
RoyLT

Snake45

Hawkeye
This is the kind of thing that eBay does a good job of providing.

As to rechargable AA batteries, you can pick those up almost anywhere, such as Walmart.

Profirefighter

Single-Sixer
Hard to beat $21 for a class 10 32 gb. Free shipping to boot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-32GB-SDHC-SDXC-Class-10-UHS-1-R40-Memory-Card-/281077968070?pt=Digital_Camera_Memory_Cards&hash=item41718d6cc6

chilidog

Single-Sixer
I bought a 16GB at Walmart and the camera wouldn't recognize the memory card. Looked online and it needs a 16 MB SD. Found some on eBay. Don't know if they are even made anymore.

Boge Quinn

Single-Sixer
They are still made, I use them a lot. Large cards (over 2MB) are SDHC (High Capacity) and won't be recognized by many devices. Check your camera for compatibility.

Gene

Single-Sixer
Memory cards are really cheap nowadays and eBay is a good choice.

As for rechargeable AA batteries, don't consider anything except Sanyo Eneloop cells. Regular NiMh or even NiCD batteries drain in a short amount of time just sitting around. Eneloops will hold their charge for up to a year and aren't that much more expensive. Well worth it.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
If you live your pro-2A principles and therefore refuse to patronize/use the anti-Bill of Rights PayPal organization; then Best Buy, Walmart or any good electronics section has SD cards and the various types for cheap.
I recently bought a few at the local Sears electronic section when they red-tagged memory cards & thumb drives for a dime on the dollar.

gmartinnc

Blackhawk
How much internal memory does this camera have? A 16 mp camera is likely new enough to have a huge internal memory without even using a card. Also, keeping this camera set on is full capability of 16 mp, is not a good idea many times. I never set mine above 2 mp for any file going over the internet, and a setting of 4 mp will give outstanding 5"x7" prints, and will not eat the memory so fast. However, if you are shooting a photo for a billboard along the highway, you might need the 16 mp setting. If I had a SD card that I thought would help you out, I would send it to you, but the largest one I have ever had is just 2 gb.

roylt

Hunter
Thanks guys for all the help and input. I think someone is sending me one to try.

Ruger forum folks are the best! Appreciate it.