Wanted Redhawk Front site Blank 4""

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Firsttimegrampa

Single-Sixer
I'm looking for a 4 inch Redhawk front site blank for a friend of mine So if anyone knows of one I know Fermin will .. it if he hasn't found one yet ..

DutchV

Bearcat
Mr. Bowen can also provide that. He's got several styles, depending on how your revolver is set up from the factory.

Cal30 1906

Single-Sixer
I purchased a Bowen front sight for my model 5032 Redhawk. It's the one chambered for the. 45acp/45 Colt. The 310 grain cast loads I shoot were hitting high even with my rear sight cranked down and bottomed out, the sight I got was .060 higher than original and is actually a bit higher than needed so I can mill it down if needed but it corrected my elevation issues. I will say it took me a month to receive it because they were behind and it cost me 50.00 shipped but it looks and fits perfectly with absolutely no fitting. I definitely recommend his product in this case if that is the issue you are having otherwise if it's a case of your friend losing his then I'd contact Ruger and see if you can get a replacement for 12.00 or so.

Acorn

Buckeye
Just got my front sight from Dawson.
A nice sight. Fits well. Looks good.
I plan on buying another for my GP100.
For $25 shipped, you can't beat it, if you what that type of sight.
If they had a gold bead front I'd get them too.

Xrayist

Single-Sixer
Went to the Dawson website, and unless I went to the wrong Dawson, they list nothing for Ruger. Also tried their search and came up with no results.

Cholo

Staff member
↑ Is that sight a quick change sight where the gun has the plunger? My reason for asking in that my 7 1/2" Redhawk needs a shorter front sight.

Cal30 1906

Single-Sixer
↑ Is that sight a quick change sight where the gun has the plunger? My reason for asking in that my 7 1/2" Redhawk needs a shorter front sight.
You can always grind your front sight down.
I needed a taller front for my Redhawk due to shooting mostly 310-360 grain bullets in .45 Colt. What cartridge are you shooting? My barrel is 4.2" also so that may have something to do with it also.

Acorn

Buckeye
Yes it takes the push button type
I ordered the .355 height but the also have a shorter version.
$25 shipped is a bargain to me for a metal front sight like this.

Last edited:

Acorn

Buckeye
I don't want to grind the original front sight down as it's a very low 3 digit gun. Plus it has that dreaded, to me, read insert I don't like.
I don't care for Rugers red insert either.
The color isn't a bright red and doesn't really make the front stand out at all.
I also don't care for the lite pipe type sights either.
But YMMV.

Cal30 1906

Single-Sixer
I don't want to grind the original front sight down as it's a very low 3 digit gun. Plus it has that dreaded, to me, red insert I don't like.
I gotcha, I'm the same way. I'm keeping mine also and the insert doesn't do much either for sighting.