WANT TO SELL MODLE 42 WIN.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eddie56

Bearcat
Was hoping some one could tell me about what price range to ask for a model 42 Winchester.The ser.# is 134xxx.From the looks it has had very little use.The chamber is 3 inch.The barrel is marked "SKEET" it has a vent rib walnut checkerd stock with 1 diamond on each side of forarm.The box papers and chock tubes are all there.- would say it is at least 95% and is all factory.Thank for any and all help.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Raydog59":1jc7atrx said:
Don't think it's all factory if it has choke tubes and a skeet marked barrel, just my .02.

Raydog...there is such an animal out there. A very valuable one at that!!

Eddie,

You need to have that appraised and try to get a letter from Winchester if that is still possible. If it is an unaltered , true , Model 42 Skeet in that kind of shape you might be looking at a few thousand dollars or more especially since it has the box and everything to go with it.

If you want , pm me and I can get you in touch with a good friend who is a serious Winchester shotgun collector.

Jeff

yessir, there are some out there the factory did, just like that, and YES, get it looked at and appraised, that gun is worth LOTS ,last one we saw, used, and not that nice of shape went for $2500.....past weekend, plain ones were in the $1400 -1600 and selling............
gotta find out just how it was made, as thee were also "sets" and the the model 12 was called a 'black diamond'............usually the rule of thumb is it was "customised" for the owner, BUT, by "whom"....if factory,BIG bucks.....
do your homework,and do not just believe one or two guys, very few folks that I "trust" that know this info......................I take them to the OGCA and get about 10 opinions before I can make a proper evaluation.....
I see you are in Ohio,, if you are anywhere ear Wilmington, bring it over to the next OGCA in 2 weeks, and you'll find out quickly.........get a hold of me and I'll get you a "guest pass".........

Latest posts