Wal-Mart 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Desert Dawg

Bearcat
I'm happy with my WW Special.

Birch stock, all metal.
WWSpec1.jpg

WWSpec2.jpg

Need to do a little more sighting in with it.
Probably a couple hundred rounds through it so far, hasn't missed a beat.

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
I saw a stainless/synthetic WM special the other day (at a wm, no less) and I wanted so bad to bring it home. I hate being broke :cry:

Desert Dawg

Bearcat
Highstandardguy":1ymd2654 said:
How did you get the black trigger assembly? Mine is "stainless".

The black trigger bit is like CajunBass said, came with the gun.

It's about 18-20 months old.

Funny part was, I'd purchased a 10-22 T in blue two months prior then saw a "Hard to Find" WW Special in the display cabinet.

I'd been hearing about how hard they were to find so I raided the hot rod fund and bought it.

The clerk left the display model in the case, brings one out in a factory box that apparently had never been opened and tells me they have four more in the back.

The (rumor?) of hard to find may have been true, the WW Special was no longer in the case a couple of months later....

Desert Dawg

Bearcat
ab4ka":x6e0f158 said:
I saw a stainless/synthetic WM special the other day (at a wm, no less) and I wanted so bad to bring it home. I hate being broke :cry:

I tried to put mine on layaway, but they don't do that with guns . . . and besides . . . I can buy hot rod parts anytime....

CajunBass

Single-Sixer
I don't think Wal-Mart does layaway at all anymore. But they stopped doing guns before they stopped doing it overall.

Probably a good thing or they'd have to have a spot in the back with my name on it. :) It seems I always have something on layaway at my local gun store.

Bearcat

Blackhawk
G-Mak":3apd3sny said:
mohavesam":3apd3sny said:
Reportedly that supply has run it's course now and the final 22" guns - plastic housings and blasted barrels - are ending also.

Well, I took the plunge today...my local Wally World had one new in the box. Model 10/22-22...the "blasted barrel model", I'd say. I bought it. I'm happy with it. It's my 3rd 10/22. My first one was a standard carbine I bought new in 1977. The second one was my Dad's, also a standard carbine, so this makes three...

Funny thing though...I'm driving home from Wal-Mart with the new gun...this friend calls me on my cell phone and asks if I want to buy his 10/22!!!!

He bought it new in the early 1980's. He offered it to me for $75.00!!!! Says its hardly used...

Now, I can't pass up a deal like that, can I?????

Heck, NO!

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
The WM here has a 10/22 with a black synthetic stock and a barrel that looks like painted or powder coated matte silver. Is this the one you're talking about? It looks like a silver plastic barrel. :( It's got the plastic trigger guard and it's $249. Funny thing, they also have a Mini-14!?

CajunBass

Single-Sixer
No. Wal-Mart sells "standard" 10/22's also, which the one you describe is one of, but the "Wally World Special" is the hardwood stocked one with the 22" barrel.

Wal-Marts around here have always carried the Mini-14 or have for years anyway.