Volquartsen in 22/45 Tactical Journey

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Ok Guy's/Gal's
I bought my 22/45 Mark IV Tactical approx. 1 month ago. I always up grade a my Marks with the Volquartsen sear and Trigger. Thought that I would do the same for this pistol. Bought the sear and trigger separate (not in a kit, thought I would save some money) Put them in and my trigger pull was approx. 12 pounds or more just guessing. Terrible, short but very heavy. I remember someone from Tandemkross on Facebook saying that Volquartsen does not sell the sear by it's self because of problems with the factory disconnector. I took the factory disconnector out and filed where it interfaces with the sear. Got the weight down to 2 pounds but not the pretravel where I wanted it.

I also noticed that the sear spring where it sets in the grip frame was at an angle. I was reading on Facebook or on a forum where there is a sear bushing that is needed for the 22/45 grip frames. Emailed Volquartsen and asked them about it. They told me some do need the bushing installed. My sear did not come with a bushing and Volquartsen sent me one free of charge ( I Love Volquartsen, great people ). I also ordered the Volquartsen disconnector. Got them in today. Funny thing is the sear bushing is very quiet every where on the inter web. You don't hear about it or see it in any videos that I found on Facebook either. I installed the sear bushing on the sear pin between the sear spring and sear. Now my sear spring sits properly in the grip frame slot and the sear is properly seated away from the left side of the grip frame with no movement side to side.

After installing the Volquartsen disconnector and sear bushing the trigger on this Tactical is unbelievable. It is as good if not better than my Mark III Competition or my Mark IV Hunter.

Just thought that I would let someone know about the sear bushing if you are having trouble with the 22/45 and Volquartsen kit. Definitely needed the Volquartsen Disconnector also.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
This is a quote from Theo98 on another forum after reading my post.

"Spoke to Ryan at VQ this morning. This small 22\45 "Sear Washer" is now being included in their accurizing kits...helps to keep the sear position against the grip frame's right side for positive disconnector engagement. It's measures ID-.125, OD-.250, W-.062!

My sear spring long leg also wants to pop out when I remove the left side grip panel. I'll add this spacer to help keep the sear spring in alignment in my 22\45 Lite! "