Vintage Ruger Conversion Letter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've been going through nearly 75 pounds of Ruger Literature and have ran across some most interesting stuff. I have never seen a letter like this as I've never sent a gun back to be converted. This letter is from 1982 and pretty much sums it up if you did not follow Ruger's Instructions. I'm sure this stems from record keeping of the conversions for any future liability.
RugerConversionLetter.jpg

G2

Hunter
"For at least a month" :shock:

You would never see that letter today! That's just the way it is. :roll:

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it.

street

Hunter
With lawsuits as they were with Ruger and their Old Model revolvers. After all this is the reason that they offered this conversion free in the first place. You would think that they would not give you the option to get your gun back without the conversion. Like everyone says, "With Ruger never say never" :lol:

That is neat, I was going to keep the one they sent me and wanted to charge me $305 to "safety update" my gun, a 5 digit RSS..........LONG story :roll:
(or even the letter and request, for $325 to "replace" the MIni-14, that the bolt blew out of the gun, and they NO longer work on or have parts for ,ANY of the 180-181 (early) prefix Minis..........)

flatgate":107wi7m6 said:
What else 'ya got, JussBad?

:D

flatgate

Catalogs up the Kazoo along with every mailing from the RCA since inception - including flyers, advertisements, auctions...Lots of Ruger paperwork including annual reports, more catalogs - did I mention catalogs? Still going through this stuff and have not knocked a dent in it. Anyone need RCA Journals? I must have 2 to 3 complete sets so far. I plan to bring the boxes to Tulsa for the "paper hounds" to go through. Lots of neat stuff for sure.

ddd482

Single-Sixer
must have been out of parts at that time- hard to believe they would send it back unconverted though- neat find!

Latest posts