View out My front door

Help Support Ruger Forum:

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
I took this picture a couple of weeks ago but I see deer on a regular basis out there.

DSCN1588-1.jpg

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
It is pretty nice I have seen them as close to the house as 25 yards. We got about 5 inches of snow recently though and there is tracks right beside the porch 15 feet from the door. I love the country nobody bothers you and you get to see this stuff often.

lovemyruger2010

Bearcat
Awesome!!! Your a lucky guy. What state do you live in? I live in pennsylvania and have deer that run kinda close to my house but not as close as yours. I have a few nabors around me so that kinda scares the deer away. Are you the only house on the street or what?

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
I live in KY at the end of an old county road on a 110 acre farm. There is one other house on the road before mine and they have about 400 acres of mostly wooded that runs parallel to our farm. I also have permison to hunt it so I have about 500+ acres to hunt on out my front door it is real nice. Also saw 4 out ther this morning will try and get those pics up later.

lovemyruger2010

Bearcat
collectormzornes":dfg3kkyd said:
I live in KY at the end of an old county road on a 110 acre farm. There is one other house on the road before mine and they have about 400 acres of mostly wooded that runs parallel to our farm. I also have permison to hunt it so I have about 500+ acres to hunt on out my front door it is real nice. Also saw 4 out ther this morning will try and get those pics up later.

mannnnn you got it maid brother! Yea, get some pictures of a nice size buck if you can. Like the one your holding up in your profile picture.

KTM

Single-Sixer
collectormzornes, very nice!

I like living out in the country as well, I get all sorts of cool visitors to my yard, deer, bear, turkey, black squirrels and white squirrels. Most seem to be after one of my bird feeders. Here's one view out my living room window and several out my kitchen door.

Deer_in_Yard_01.jpg

Deer_in_Yard_02.jpg

Bear_in_Yard_01.jpg

Turkey_in_Yard_01.jpg

Black-Squirrel_in_Yard_01.jpg

White-Squirrel_in_Yard_01.jpg

lovemyruger2010

Bearcat
KTM,

your feeding almost every animal around your house it looks like ha ha. I would love to hunt black and white squirrel sometime. All we have in pennsylvania are grey and fox squirrel. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

KTM

Single-Sixer
Boxhead, wow!

lovemyruger2010, I don't mind feeding the animals I posted photos of, it's the red squirrels and raccoons I don't care to feed. The bear didn't damage the feeder, he just shook out some sunflower seeds had a snack and moved on, but the raccoons have destroyed several bird feeders and the red squirrels eat way too much. The white and black squirrels are very rare, not sure I'd want to shoot one.

My wife saw a cougar in the driveway one evening a few years back, :shock: no photos of the animal. I was doing some landscaping at the time and there was a sandy area in the driveway just a few feet from the house and the cougar left some nice prints in the sand.

Track1.jpg

Track2.jpg

KTM

Single-Sixer
lovemyruger2010, she thought it was neat to see! She was driving home around 1:00am after working the evening shift and saw it in the front yard as she turned into the driveway. It then ran across the yard, jumped into the driveway leaving the prints in the sand and ran off. Only time she saw it. I'm jealous that I never saw it. :(

lovemyruger2010

Bearcat
KTM":39qv7qc3 said:
lovemyruger2010, she thought it was neat to see! She was driving home around 1:00am after working the evening shift and saw it in the front yard as she turned into the driveway. It then ran across the yard, jumped into the driveway leaving the prints in the sand and ran off. Only time she saw it. I'm jealous that I never saw it. :(

I would be too. How often do people get to see a cougar in there front yard you know.

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
KTm really like your pics as well would love to see some bear in my parts but all I got are the deer, squirrels, turkey coyote raccoons and rabbits