vaule of a pair of BKH-44X (pics added)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tom turkey 2

Bearcat
Just acquired a pair of consecutive BKH-44Xs about 98%.no box just little red bags for cylinders. Question is... does having a set of consecutive numbered old models bring a premium?

flatgate

Hawkeye
Yes, it does, depending on "the situation". Collectors looking for such pairs have, in the past, been known to value the pairs as much as the value of three such examples sold separately.

In reality I don't think that pricing plan is realized. In any event, the value is certainly "enhanced". Having the boxes would certainly help....

JMHO,

flatgate

new*hampshire

Bearcat
I don't have any consecutive serial numbered guns.
I see them here and there for sale and they command a premium.
I was told once that if they were ordered that way and you could prove that they were ordered that way, then that would be unusual and worth more. But to just find two guns randomly and notice that they are consecutive is not really worth a lot more.

I've attached a Ruger Brassie Photo to spice things up.

DSCN0355.jpg
[/list]

flatgate

Hawkeye
As Mr. new*hampshire has pointed out... provenance as a Factory Shipped pair trumps a "put together" pair.

Factory pairs from the "old days" are rather scarce IMNSHO. I don't believe there are a whole lot of them recorded in the "record books"....

flatgate

"But to just find two guns randomly and notice that they are consecutive is not really worth a lot more."

If the guy buying the pair thinks it's worth a specific amount, then it's worth that amount. Buyer derermines "value" every time, particularly in a collectible market.

And actually, the remote chance of pairing up two, or even three or more guns on the open market -- particularly Old Models -- would seem to add a considerable "rarity" to such a score. It certainly would to me.

JMHO
:)

tom turkey 2

Bearcat
Here are some pics these are not good as I would like but the photos will get better in time
I mean I'll get better with time not the pics :)

032.jpg
Hey! this is my first time posting pics