vaquero?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

welsh warrior

Bearcat
I'm new to ruger revolvers. I bought a very nice stainless vaquero and i love it and was wandering when it was made. It doesnt say new model like i;ve seen on some. Is the model number on the side plate is there another set of numbers. Sideplate #57-85988 Thanks

americal

Hunter
WELCOME TO THE BEST RUGER FORUM IN THE WORLD :) Hope you enjoy your vaquero :!: :!: I have one to :) a older 45 cal. 3 & 5/8ths barrel---- my carry gun.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
welsh warrior":3secqubm said:
I'm new to ruger revolvers. I bought a very nice stainless vaquero and i love it and was wandering when it was made. It doesnt say new model like i;ve seen on some. Is the model number on the side plate is there another set of numbers. Sideplate #57-85988 Thanks

ALL Vaqueros, heck all the single action cartridge revolvers Ruger's made since 1973 are New Models. Many people get mixed up since there's the Vaquero and the New Vaquero. They thus call the large framed Vaqueros "old models".
Unlike some other manufacturers which use sideplates, Ruger's have a solid frame so that "sideplate" with the serial number is actually the cylinder frame itself.

Latest posts