VAQUERO EXPERTS - what's it worth ????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RME

Blackhawk
I've got a chance to pick up an Vaquero ( Mfg. in 2000 ) haven't seen it yet but
looks to be in good condition. It's the Vaquero 40 S & W cal. with the roll warning
on side of barrel. I understand this model can be hard to find. Does anyone know
the value and what fair $$$$$ amt to pay would be.
Thanks - RME

roylt

Hunter
Last oconvertable 40 I saw was last week on gunbroker and then one sold here too not very long ago. I think it was in the 8 to 900 range. You can look at closed auctions to find it on gunbroker. Good luck,

Terry T

Buckeye
I believe this is one of the special runs and is not a convertible.
My belief is that these may have only about a $100 - $200 or so premium over a regular Vaquero at this time.
I believe there were about 1,000 made up and of that, a couple of hundred that were not marked with the San Diego Sheriff's engraving. So....'rare'? Yes. Collectable? Yes. Huge collector's premium? Maybe not so much.
Not too many Vaquero collectors out there just yet.
Terry T

Jim Puke

Hunter
Terry T said:
I believe this is one of the special runs and is not a convertible.
My belief is that these may have only about a $100 - $200 or so premium over a regular Vaquero at this time.
I believe there were about 1,000 made up and of that, a couple of hundred that were not marked with the San Diego Sheriff's engraving. So....'rare'? Yes. Collectable? Yes. Huge collector's premium? Maybe not so much.
Not too many Vaquero collectors out there just yet.
Terry T

Not much of a premium over regular catalog models.