Vaquero Blow Out Deal

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lfpiii

Blackhawk
Those of you living near Gander Mountain may want to make a quick visit today. I just picked up the last 2 of 12 Ruger Vaqueros case color in 4-5/8 45 LC for the low price of $329.99 each plus tax.

My guy at Gander told me that they purchased a large quantity of the discontinued case color guns. They arrived on Friday.

For those of you that do not have a Gander Mountain nearby you might want to try CDNN Investments, they will sometimes purchase odd lots from Ruger.

PS I also picked up a S&W 686-3 2-1/2 in 98% for $359.99

gak

Buckeye
Please clarify: discontinued large frame Vaquero or case colored New Vaquero?

Knuckles

Buckeye
gak":3ccbaaax said:

I do believe Ruger is bluing them now... the case hard was a mediocre finish, from what I've heard it chips off a bit here and there.

gak

Buckeye
knuckles":1m9t1bhf said:
gak":1m9t1bhf said:

I do believe Ruger is bluing them now... the case hard was a mediocre finish, from what I've heard it chips off a bit here and there.

You are correct. I understand that; thus the question...so they're either left over large frame...or remnant CCH NVs.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
On Friday they received 12 guns. Six were the old style large frame Vaqueros and the other six were the new smaller frame Vaqueros. I was only able to purchase the New Vaquero.

The finish is discontinued not the New Vaquero. I belive that the old Vaqueros are just part of Ruger cleaning out the factory.

edlmann

Blackhawk
lfpiii":3s2c4aqr said:
Those of you living near Gander Mountain may want to make a quick visit today. I just picked up the last 2 of 12 Ruger Vaqueros case color in 4-5/8 45 LC for the low price of $329.99 each plus tax.
My guy at Gander told me that they purchased a large quantity of the discontinued case color guns. They arrived on Friday.

Called my nearest GM; they were aware of some guns being available, but had none in stock. Supposedly these were all from the same wholesaler, which the guy called, "Talus". Anyone have any idea what is available? The guy said if I could come up with a model number, he'd quote a price. I'd like to know what's available before I choose.

Knuckles

Buckeye
patrickjames":3nj4zo66 said:
Ruger case hardening chiping off?Is the finish just weak or does it actually chip/flake off. thanks

I never bought a Case Hard because of the said problem, so my testimony is a few glimpses a pics' and pure hearsay. :?

captainkirk

Blackhawk
patrickjames":3g65yjk0 said:
Ruger case hardening chiping off?Is the finish just weak or does it actually chip/flake off. thanks

It also rusts very easily compared to the bluing on the gun. Once the "poly cote" wears off or is dissolved by solvents/scrubbing, there is little to protect the gun. I know some have not had issues with this, but I have other blued guns in the same storage area, and the vaquero got plum ate up...