VAQUERO BISLEY AND A WHATISIT.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doccash

Buckeye
.45 Vaquero Bisley & ivory is a favorite of mine. The horseshoe is brass along with the sole of the hoof. The nails are copper, wooden dowels wrapped in copper as feet. Really well done and a conversation piece anywhere, Dated 1943. I suppose a horseshoer made this thing while in farrier school [most are too busy after graduation to spend time on such a project] Would like input as to what you think. I put change in it ,sometimes bullets, and etc. Dr.C

gunsbam69

Hunter
I think that farrier did a fine job, but I think he might have have had two things on his mind at once. I tend to be a multi-tasker myself :mrgreen:

Good lookin Old Vaquero with a good lookin set of grips, and a really slick possibles tray :D

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
That's a neat little change tray, but I like the Ruger better. Real ivory grips?

Oh, and this reminds me of one of my favorite jokes:
What kind of shoes do prostitutes wear?
Whoreshoes.

doccash

Buckeye
Guess I let myself in for that but the sole of the horse looks like that, yes, elephant ivory [don't know why they look pink in this photo-they are white as snow] Dr.C

contender

Ruger Guru
Another great pic. The ivories didn't come out "pink" on my screen. A bit off-white,, but I can see the grain. Overall a good shot.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Nice looking Bisley, Doc!

As for the whatisit--considering the time frame it comes from, I'm going w/ "ashtray." Seems we've vilified tobacco so much today we forget all the "artwork" once associated w/ the product and its use!

Rick C

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
Rick Courtright said:
Hi,

Nice looking Bisley, Doc!

As for the whatisit--considering the time frame it comes from, I'm going w/ "ashtray." Seems we've vilified tobacco so much today we forget all the "artwork" once associated w/ the product and its use!

Rick C

+1, about the only good part about smoking was all the paraphernalia :D All the cool ashtrays, cig boxes, lighters and so on.

Nice Bisley and cool ashtray