Vaquero 45 Colt Questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mech67

Bearcat
Hello:
I am new to the form and wanted to ask some questions about a Vaquero (doesn't say "New" on the frame) 45 Colt Stainless. This revolver has never been fired. I believe it was built in 2001 (serial # 58-20XXX)? The catalog number on the box is KBNVBH-453 with a model #00510 . I was wondering if anyone might know the value currently? I think that these might be considered "clean up" revolvers? Wondering if someone might now how many were manufactured? I own a very nice Ruger SR-556 rifle, but this is my first Ruger revolver. I don't want to possible de-value this unfired revolver if it is worth more that way? But if it really doesn't matter would like to shoot it?
Look forward to hearing from you guys.
Thanks

hittman

Staff member
I don't know the answer to your questions but .... welcome to the forum.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
You can check on the Ruger website for date of manufacture. If it was an made in 2001, it was not from the clean up runs.

How much it will be worth in the future, depends on how much someone is willing to pay. Unfired examples always bring more, but aren't as much fun to own..

Welcome to the forum.

Driftwood Johnson

Blackhawk
Howdy

The 'original model' Vaquero was produced from 1993 until 2005. The New Vaquero began production in 2005. A revolver made in 2001 would not be a clean up gun, those were the guns that were put together with parts already in the parts bins when the New Vaquero was introduced in 2005.

According to the Ruger website, the starting number for 2002 was 58-01006 and the starting number for 2003 was 58-31543. That should put your gun pretty firmly in 2002.

You can learn all of this right at the Ruger website.

http://www.ruger.com/index.html

Just click on customer service, then click on instruction manuals and product history. Then find the Revolver Instruction Manuals and Product History menu and click on Show All over on the right.

The actual price you can get for a used gun will vary greatly from place to place. I bought a used Stainless 'original model' Vaquero a bunch of years ago for $250. Those days are long gone, now that they are not being made any more. In these parts, used 'original model' Vaqueros usually go for around $400-$450.

There were lots of them made, it's not really a 'collector's model'. Shooting it is not going to affect its value unless you abuse it.

Latest posts