Vaquero 44/40

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
I found a like new older model Vaquere. In 44/40.Has case colored frame. Owner said it was made 1994 to 1996. It is in yellow box. I did not get serial number to check. But my question is that the cylinder had the last digits of the serial number stenciled by hand on it. Would this have been a convertible gun. Does it have much value being an older Vaquero?

Beaver Creek

Single-Sixer
I am not aware of any .44-40 Rugers being convertible except the Jerry's gun which was a Blackhawk, not a Vaquero. These have been commanding very good prices recently, starting in the $600 range and as much as $850 depending on who wants it and how bad. I don't have one at this time but maybe someone else that does will check their cylinder for a S/N. I wasn't aware that they were marked.

chet15

Hawkeye
All New Models that I know, whether they are convertible or non-convertible have the last three digits of the serial number electric penciled on one end of the cylinder. The only exception might be the star model L.R. only NM Single-Sixes from 1975.
Chet15