vaquero 32

Help Support Ruger Forum:

martyj

Blackhawk
I dont know much if anythig about vaqueros and was wondering if you guys could help.
I found serial #58-91212 and is polished stainless with imitation ivory grips on it. It does have the 32-20 cylinder and the hr 32 mag cylinder with it.
It has been fired and was wondering if this was one of the 285 Chet has listed as being made. If my memory serves me right he was asking 600.00
Any idea how much its worth or what to look for to identify it better.

KTM

Single-Sixer
That sounds like the Davidson's Special Edition of which only 285 were made. It should have come in a black plastic case with "Special Edition" in gold script on the cover. Catalog number KBNV-324X. It should have black grips not ivory. The SN sounds like it should be in the correct range. I have 58-909XX. IMO $600 would be a good price if it has the box and the correct grips with it. Here's a photo of mine.

Vaquero_32-20_Convertible_02.jpg

Special%20Edition%20Ruger.jpg

KTM

Single-Sixer
"shunned" :?: Naw, with only 285 of them out there lots of people don't even know about them and most of those that do, likely had not yet seen your post. :) Regarding the grips, I suppose it's possible that some came with ivory, of the few I've seen they had the black grips. Perhaps Chet can confirm if they only shipped with the black grips or...

martyj

Blackhawk
I just got off the phone with him it does have black grips and the box has the gold special edition with the extra cylinder.
with a 5.5 barrel I think

KTM

Single-Sixer
I believe it should be a 4 5/8" barrel, In my gun spread sheet I have mine listed with a value of $695, I don't recall if I came up with that value from the Blue Book of Gun Values or from the RENE. I don't have any of my issues of RENE with me here at work but I seem to recall that one of the recent issues had it listed.

martyj

Blackhawk
KBNV-325X on the box and barrel measures 5.5
Im not sure if the KBNV-324 were the shorter barrel or not?
It does however have a longer barrel than the one in the picture above.

martyj

Blackhawk
Just wanted to tell you guys thanks for your replies. I picked it up yesterday.
I have a reliable source that told me 283 were built of the KBNV-325X and 273 were built of the KBNV-324X.
I did learn that shipping and handling on guns bought off the forum is way cheaper than taxes on a gun bought out the door.
Thank you again and have a nice day