Value Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter? "PICS"!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I need price check on a Stainles Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter. It is chambered in 41 Mag. Includes original box/rings/paperwork, 50 rds factory ammo, 150 rds once fired brass, a premium open top leather holster, and gun rug. Price is $550. I'm thinking good deal. Whatcha all think??

Would like opinions today, please.

Dave

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
that about what I paid for a new one 5 years ago. I haven't seen one for salelately but I think it would be a good buy with the extras. Steve

bigchillymn

Bearcat
That would certainly be a good deal in my area. There is a new one for sale on GB, and if I remember correctly it is around 650. Actually that is one of the guns I'm looking for, and if I found one for that price with the extras, locally I would buy it.

dougader

Hunter
GB has had them for $695 to $750 lately if that's any indication, but veyr rarely do I see one in 41 mag anymore.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Figure the ammo, brass, etc is $35-50 depending on what it is exactly so the gun is $500 or so. Buy it! :)

Thanks for all the input guys! You guys are invaluable as advisors and enablers. 8) I picked it up a few minutes ago and got some pics. I'm not boasting here, just sharing. :)
41Bisley001.jpg

41Bisley004.jpg

Now to go shooting! :D

Dave :wink:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Nice!!! 8) I was tempted on a .41 Hunter in the past and this rekindled those thoughts. :)

Snyd

Single-Sixer
Congrats! I understand the 41's and 45's are more scarce than the 44's. I just picked up a BisHunter 45 Colt a couple months ago. Are you going to scope it? The weaver 2x28 fits like it was made for these guns.

bisHntr_07.jpg

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
Don't have the Bisley grip model, but love my plow handle grip model:

SBHHunter45Colt.jpg

As you can see, I put a Burris 2x on my SBH. It is very quick to pick up your sight picture and is very clear.

I do love the Bisley grip and have this Black Hawk:

SBHAccusport45Lc.jpg

Both guns shoot very nicely with custom loads.

Snyd

Single-Sixer
Nice. I was on the hunt for one of those 5.5 inch Bisley 45 Colts when I came across the Hunter. Couldn't pass it up. I'll get one of those next. They didn't make too many of the 45 Colt SBH Hunters. I feel fortunate to have one. I'd have bought either grip frame.

I see you have a Belt Mtn. Base pin. It tightened mine up quite a bit. Did you ream the throats on yours? Mine are at .451 as near as I can measure. I'll take em to .4525. Bore slugs at .451. I cast and shoot lots of lead.

I came across this on this site I think....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reply from Jason Cloessner @ Lipseys regarding my 45 Hunter :

"We indeed have those guns commissioned by Ruger. They sold extremely well. There were two models, one with the standard Super Blackhawk gripframe and one with the Bisley gripframe. There were a total of 603 of the standard ones made and 279 of the Bisley models. The odd numbers are a result of overruns of parts and we decided to use them for the extra units. One interesting piece of Ruger trivia is that to my knowledge it is the only 45LC that Ruger made with non-fluted and/or non-engraved cylinders. Enjoy your new gun, its about the perfect all-around hunting revolver made."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

w18764560

Bearcat
I'd be boasting...not to turn green with envy anyone desiring such a weapon, but for the mere fact I was able to acquire!
You dog! I want it! :0)

357phase

Single-Sixer
I never liked the look of the bisley and swore I'd never own one.Then,one turned up at the local pawn shop for $450.00.I was amazed at how it felt in my hand.Turns out it's now my favorite 44 because I did walk out the door that day with it and have never looked back. :D