Value Ruger Hawkeye M77 Compact Mag Rifle

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stilwater36

Bearcat
Price check on Ruger M77 Compact Mag Hawkeye Rifle in 308 winchester caliber. This was a short run rifle made in 2011. I was informed
that there may be re-runs of this model but to date have not seen any listings. Compact Mag and the African don't list 308.
Cat # was HM77RS-Model # 37101. The rifle has 20" barrel with Williams Iron sights,Satin Blue finish.
My reason for asking is that at my age the Safe has to shrink. Do I keep this or one of the other rifles?
It's never been hunted but preforms very well at the range,really spending most of its time in the Safe. Any light on
value will be appreciated. Over all 98 %, no dings or nicks and mounted Leupold 2x7 Var scope which should not be included in the auction
price.

GAO LLC

Single-Sixer
I have 2 of them NIB that I've been sitting on. The problem is 99% of people don't know what these are and won't pay a fair price. IIRC they were pretty expensive wholesale and therefore retail. Your gun should bring $650-700. Gunbroker is your best hope.

Stilwater36

Bearcat
Thank You for the replay..If people saw the groups this rifle shoots at 100 and 200yards and the results you get
with different bullet weights they would change there minds, All factory ammo. I only wish I could shoot a 300 or 400 yard target.

mlazarus5388

Single-Sixer
I don't know the fair value and I don't recall what I paid. I do know I've no intention of selling mine but would certainly entertain buying a second one. I love this rifle.

Stilwater36

Bearcat
Thanks for your comments---The rifle is sold for the fair price asand the buyer was very pleased. Walt