Value question on #3 in 30-40 Krag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dkmlever

Single-Sixer
I have a NIB Ruger #3 made in 1978, w/box that I might be selling. I did mount a Leupold compact 2x7 on it, but I have not shot it. Other than the scope it is perfect NIB. What would this be worth?

I also may be selling a three screw Blackhawk 6 1/2 357 made in 1970 all original in 75% condition, value on that?

BearStopper

Blackhawk
They bring as much as a No 1 nowadays and I see them used at 600 and up. Yours with box and like new should bring top dollar. I am no expert just been wanting one so I have looked alot.

There was one at a gun show here about a year ago. 98% condition, no box, box of cartridges. He was asking $695 and would take $625. I was there the last day of the show, the last hour of the show and it had not sold...

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
May be an $800 rifle, for the narrow market place of the #3 collector(S). Not common and worthwhile if the #3 makes your or their hearts beat faster. I have not seen a big bunch of these in my 4 decades of chasing the Ghost(s)..........The rare ones are the 8(!!) in the #1 rifles; 4 "A's" and 4 "S's"........Mike :wink:

Latest posts